Tactical Training at Okto Eight Milsim

Okto Eight Milsim

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okto attracts players of mixed abilities and experience and we wondered if players would be interested if we organised a group training session between our scheduled milsim games for newbies ?

The intention would be to hold an intensive training day, run by a credible tactical instructor. Between us, we have a number of contacts in the military and could probably get a top notch instructor. Although we would primarily run this for our milsimmers, we would envisage opening it up to others if there were spaces.

Ideally we would cover the basics such fire and maneuvering, ambush techniques, weapon transitions, dealing with multiple threats, patrol procedures, small/fire team tactics and battle drills, CTR, fire support teamwork and other tactical behaviour, etc to basically "up" peoples battlefield skills.

It would quite likely be at our Eversley site near Farnborough and although we haven't finalised prices, it would probably be in the range of £50-80 per head depending on numbers.

Would there be interest ??

I haven't had the chance to attend a milsim event yet but I think attending something like this beforehand would definitely be a big help, even if only to help calm nerves and know what to do rather than the usual headless chicken behaviour from skirmishes .

At the lower end of the estimate I'd definitely be interested as I usually end up spending 40 quid at an open day anyway!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.