Where to zero sights?

Lord Daem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, my back garden isn't that big, infact, it's probably only about three meters long...

What kind of places do you guys go to zero your guns? There's local woodland near me, however it is near a kids playpark so I DON'T think that's a good idea!!!

I just turn up extra early to my local sites and just start zeroing in the game zone. Helps if you sort mags/gas out before you go just in case you need a bit more time to get your sights sorted.

Or you could try contacting a local gun club/archery club about using their ranges? Or a friend who has a really big garden.

I just do it at a skirmish, in the morning before briefing. It only takes 10 minutes maximum and I normally have 20 after I've finished gearing up

I use the 10m I have indoors to sort out the basic left/right zero and get most of the vertical dialed in. Then on site as soon as chrono starts I'll get the gun chronoed and then get it zeroed as part of that. All the chrono areas on sites I attend have enough space to see the impact of hop and something to shoot at to determine zero.

Considering the general inaccuracy of the BBs and airsoft weapons I don't use paper for anything but indoors so I could in theory be out by an inch or so at maximum range, but its not going to matter that much as the spread is much wider than that. You can't zero an airsoft gun at maximum range on anything but a big cardboard piece and say that its roughly zeroed. At 20m you could shoot a 10cm paper target and have some confidence with 10 shots its centred but its not going to be a tight grouping. So rough and ready on the morning is good enough for these weapons.

Do what I did.

Spend all your money on ponies for the wife and kids. Now I have a large field to check the range on my rifs in.😁

Although this may not be the best idea as now I have no free cash for airsoft toys and seem to spend most Sundays running them around to do horsey stuff 😞

...... Yep defiantly don't do this!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.