Any opinions on ACU Digital camo?

Aunty Pasty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm considering migrating from my random/black stuff look to a ACU digital look (which I like the look of). However looking around, it doesn't seem that popular. I'm wondering if I'll be shooting myself in the foot as it would seem to limit my equipment options. I was thinking of starting with a shirt and trousers and then decide on my load carrying gear a little later even though I'll end up with some sort of miss-mash look for awhile.

Any thoughts on the look/pattern?

Personally I used to love it when I used it, Dont see it that often anymore. You could always mix it with DPM/DDPM for a UKSF look. Not the best for a woodland game but for CQB or urban sites spot on, but then again the ranges we play at camo isnt the biggest deal. FYI the camo isnt called ACU, its called UCP (Universal camoflage Pattern). ACU (Army Combat Uniform) is the cut of the clothes. Heres a pic of my US Army UCP 101st Airborne kit for inspiration

2b083892-755d-47ca-a837-2db05fa80855_zpsztck15.jpg

Why not? It's different to literally everyone who has either MTP or DPM.

I think it looks okay sometimes.

It's best when you're in shade / it has got dirty, then it is a lot more effective at concealment.

Stupid.

At least woodland DPM, ATACS FG, US woodland etc work in woodland environments effectively and to a certain extent in urban environments. UCP is too light to work in the gloom of most urban sites- if the overall tone of it was darker it would be far more effective.

Have you considered ABU, slightly more interesting looking, in my opinion?

• Head Moderator

Multicam Black... it is fairly new, looks great, can work in urban and woodland environments, and you could still use some of your existing kit with it. On the downside it is not cheap or as easily available as other camoflague patterns.

Multicam Black... it is fairly new, looks great, can work in urban and woodland environments, and you could still use some of your existing kit with it. On the downside it is not cheap or as easily available as other camoflague patterns.

My mate got a full set of multicam black kit and I agree it looks amazing and really makes you stand out but I would say that until it becomes more widely produced stay away just because of how high the prices are (however if moneys not an issue I would definitely look into it)

I like it. It's the anti-camouflage of the times, and it's digital design brings a much needed variety to the field IMO, to break up the MTP.

• Supporters

The Wehrmacht largely wore grey in the late30s/early 40s, worked for them and it's come back around now massively.

Works fine indoors in my experience, just not much cop anywhere outside (to put it mildly). Aesthetically I like it when done right, should be a fair amount going fairly cheap on ebay given how the US Army is now switching over to multicam(ish).

• Supporters

The Wehrmacht largely wore grey in the late30s/early 40s, worked for them and it's come back around now massively.

Works fine indoors in my experience, just not much cop anywhere outside (to put it mildly). Aesthetically I like it when done right, should be a fair amount going fairly cheap on ebay given how the US Army is now switching over to multicam(ish).

Fair point about indoors actually, when some people have been at the Mall wearing UCP they have blended in quite well.

It's one of the best urban patterns, period. Works pretty good in desert environments as well (provided it gets a bit dusty), and rocky mountainous areas. But it absolutely sucks in woodland or any "green" environments. Multicam and its derivatives kick its ass in universality.

2 cents.

I do like the look of black multicam. And thanks you all for your feedback. It's quite interesting. At the moment I'm probably 75% woodland 25% indoors so maybe I should go for some of the green based patterns instead.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.