Gun bag or case recommendations

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I will be buying a HK416 AEG and would like some recommendations for a suitable gun bag / case to put it in. There is no point spending lots of money on a new RIF and then not protecting it in transit to and from games, and whilst at home. As much as I would like a Pelicase, my budget is limited to about £60. I only want a plain black case or bag, although green is fall back option, but no camo.

The hard cases looks stronger, can be lockable, and have egg shell foam or cut out foam. The bags are cheaper, have internal straps, and have pockets for accessories. So what do you all use and any pros/cons to each type?

• Supporters

I use a Viper multi gun bag. Works fine, can fit an M4 sized rifle plus an SMG and a pistol plus mags for all. Don't pay more than £50 for it though.

• Supporters

I use one of these:

http://uktactical.com/p-690-warrior-twin-rifle-bag.aspx

It's not cheap but the build quality is excellent. In mine I can store:

LMG or HK416 in the main compartment

HK416 or submachinegun/M870 in the smaller compartment, both compartments have 2 velcro straps to stop the guns from move about and are padded

7 PMAGs in a pocket

Wallet, keys, phone, a couple of smoke grenades and 2 pistol mags in a pocket

Last pocket has straps for a pistol, plus two mounts for mags so I have a pistol mag and my M870 gas magazine in them. Plus 6 LiPos

Aside from a couple of indents from my LMGs receiver digging into the padding there's pretty much no signs of wear after 18+ months of owning it. There certainly are cheaper bags available but personally i'd rather pay a bit more for one that's really sturdy.

I own a Plano hard case too, but the biggest issue there is any gun aside from my LMG slides around. Negates having the eggshell padding when the guns hit the hard plastic case as soon as you try and walk along holding the carry handle. It's relegated to being storage for guns i'm not taking out to a game, it also doesn't fit in my boot lol.

• Supporters

That right there is a copy of the Viper multi gun bag. In fact I'd be VERY surprised if it isn't the exact same bag with a different label on it.

• Supporters

Looks like they are made out of different material. WAS bag is 500D Cordura, Viper is 600D Polyester

Without seeing it in the flesh it looks SO similar I'd be hard pushed to pick between the two. Cordura and polyester are so similar as to make very little difference in this application (bearing in mind that Cordura is just a brand name for a woven nylon material). Regardless. That style of bag would be good for the OP.

I use one of these:

http://uktactical.com/p-690-warrior-twin-rifle-bag.aspx

It's not cheap but the build quality is excellent. In mine I can store:

LMG or HK416 in the main compartment

HK416 or submachinegun/M870 in the smaller compartment, both compartments have 2 velcro straps to stop the guns from move about and are padded

7 PMAGs in a pocket

Wallet, keys, phone, a couple of smoke grenades and 2 pistol mags in a pocket

Last pocket has straps for a pistol, plus two mounts for mags so I have a pistol mag and my M870 gas magazine in them. Plus 6 LiPos

Aside from a couple of indents from my LMGs receiver digging into the padding there's pretty much no signs of wear after 18+ months of owning it. There certainly are cheaper bags available but personally i'd rather pay a bit more for one that's really sturdy.

I own a Plano hard case too, but the biggest issue there is any gun aside from my LMG slides around. Negates having the eggshell padding when the guns hit the hard plastic case as soon as you try and walk along holding the carry handle. It's relegated to being storage for guns i'm not taking out to a game, it also doesn't fit in my boot lol.

That right there is a copy of the Viper multi gun bag. In fact I'd be VERY surprised if it isn't the exact same bag with a different label on it.

Since these are both similar, quick question for you both (if you don't mind.)

Looking to get a new case for my M4A1 so I don't have to de-assemble and re-zero the red dot sight every time. Are these likely to fit an m4 with red-dot sight and bipod in? I assuming with the LMG capacity, it'll be a yes but don't want to spend £50 on a bag for it to be a no

• Supporters

Since these are both similar, quick question for you both (if you don't mind.)

Looking to get a new case for my M4A1 so I don't have to de-assemble and re-zero the red dot sight every time. Are these likely to fit an m4 with red-dot sight and bipod in? I assuming with the LMG capacity, it'll be a yes but don't want to spend £50 on a bag for it to be a no

Yes, I used to use mine for an M4A1 (until I changed pretty much every part on the gun - still fits in the bag it's just not an M4A1 any more).

It's long enough for an M249 Para with the stock stowed and also has an extending rifle barrel cover that comes out of the main compartment if you have any longer guns you need to carry (I use it when I'm carrying my M14 EBR for example). I've regularly used one to carry my SCAR-L, an M4, an AKS74U and a pistol all at the same time. Great bags (whichever one you buy).

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swiss-Arms-100cm-Black-TACTICAL-RIFLE-CASE-Air-Gun-Airsoft-Soft-Air-Mat-Slip-Bag-/231266740293?nav=SEARCH

Would be getting my money.

I have two generic Chinese £16 jobbies that have held up very well over the last year with regular use. I unpicked all the garish pockets and it looks quite subtle.

I personally wouldn't spend £50 on anything viper, let alone a gun bag.

Apparently the SRC Hard cases are pretty robust for casual airsoft use. Millspec solutions had them fairly cheep I think. Or Taiwan gun have them delivered about £40 iirc.

I settled for an SRC hard case too after using a cheap chinese soft case for a few months. The SRC cases are usually about £60 depending on where you look. I wasn't too happy with the soft case. Although it did do it's job there wasn't that much padding and the rifle tended to move around a bit inside which I believe lead to a little paint being worn away on the fire selector switch. I've been quite happy with my SRC case so far. It only JUST fits into the boot of my Golf so if you look at other cases, bear in mind the width of the case.

SRC hard cases tend to flex when you're trying to snap the catches closed meaning they can be a pig to get shut. The smaller cases might be better as they won't flex as much. The handles can be a bit uncomfortable if they're heavily loaded too.

Still better than a pelicase for 6 times the price.

Like you I didn't want to spend over £60 so I bought this a few months ago.. at £32.99 this was a steal!

Was abit dubious as to what it would be like but it is probably the best purchase I've made on Airsoft! Holds everything I need it to. Has got two pin code locks and two keyhole locks too. Carry handle also.

If you are worried that it won't fit in your boot, I've laid it across the back of a few different cars now. Or you can sit it upright behind the passenger seat in you car!

53” Aluminium Foam Padded Gun Weapon Carry Case Instrument Storage Transport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271749590011?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

2.jpg

I also have an SRC case, as well as a Swiss Arms double rifle bag. Both are great and would recommend both, although a case can be kind of unnecessary - and the latter you can probably pick up for a third of it's price.

The viper multi bag is one of the ones I use. It holds a pistol + 2 magazines, a pretty small SMG and a short M4 without the extension being out. I have personally found the height is fine for an M4 but not for a Tar21. The Tar 21 is a little bit taller due to its trigger guard and handle combination and it ends up being just 0.25 inches too tall to have the case close with a sight on there. It will fit without optics but the optics are just slightly too tall. The cheap swiss arms one I have on the other hand is capable of holding a considerably longer gun and also fits the confines of the tar 21 with optics. They both do the job, neither has great protection for the item itself they just stop people noticing what I am carrying.

• Supporters

Regards the WAS/Viper/Guarder gun bags, they often look the same because they all copy the same design, but they don't come from the same place and in some instances are actually quite different when you get a better look than the tiny website pictures. I used a cheap chinese bag initially, fell apart in short order. Then went with the Guarder in the style linked, good quality but a little shorter than ideal. Upgraded to the Warrior maybe 5-6 years ago now, it still looks new frankly; the build quality is far above any Viper kit I've seen and I happily trust it to carry any weapon(s) in my collection. Proper mil-spec cordura (which Warrior use) carries certain guarantees along with the name relating to the overall strength and abrasion resistance of the fabric; wouldn't say it's necessary all the time for airsoft by any means, depends what you're doing. But overall it'd probably last 5x longer than a product that costs half as much, again depending on what you do with it.

Never personally been a fan of hard cases as they tend to have less capacity generally per volume of the case itself, but then obviously they can give the gun a lot more protection if you really like flinging the thing around and dropping it on concrete. My current gun bag for every skirmish is a Voodoo tactical which can hold 2-3 long guns, up to about 6 pistols if you cram them in, maybe ~30 rifle mags and 10-12 pistol mags plus extra ancillaries (not that I ever bring anything like that much with me) but they seem to have closed their EU operation. I think a decent hard case is probably better if you have room to store it and tend to just take the one primary to a game as you can cut the foam to suit that gun along with the specific mags and extras. I prefer a good nylon bag to carry a rifle, backup long gun, pistol/holster, all the the mags and batteries/gas/speedloader. Just the system I've found to work over the years for me, but obviously I take more stuff on a sunday than some people (though still quite a bit less than some others).

• Head Moderator

I am a big fan of Warrior equipment, they have quality products that are worth the cost. Unfortunately, UK Tactical do not have any in stock at the moment so thought I would see what else is available. Agree that the soft bags have more storage and useful compartments to keep kit which is why I was more inclined to buy one. On other hand the hard case does offer better protection, both in transit and storage, and is more secure.

• 1 month later...
  • Head Moderator

My first choice Warrior rifle bag is not currently available as UK Tactical cannot afford to hold enough in stock to make a new order worthwhile. Maybe if enough people email them they might put in a fresh order.

Instead I purchased an 8Fields duel gun padded bag from eBay (£33.49 including P&P) as it seemed the best mid-price bag in black. I wanted one that was not too large and at 35.5 inch / 90cm long it is just right. It is 600D Nylon, so will have to see how well it lasts but first impression on build quality is good.

Thanks for all the recommendations given.

I bought the gun bag for my Scorpion Evo and love it, especially all the pouches on the outside for mags, BB's etc

post-11626-0-75856200-1444420343_thumb.jpgpost-11626-0-29681000-1444420354_thumb.jpg

The 8fields is a great bag for the price, mine has been lugging 2 m4's 2 postols and a ton of mags around for ages and not a sign of wear or stress. Great bag tbh.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.