New airsofter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Names Rik

Am getting into airsoft after going to a game with a friend from work. I was immediatly hooked and so started reading up on airsoft. After learning that most guns share very similar designs and most can be upgraded internally i have bought myself a King Arms Blackwater M4 pistol. I wasn't able to find the cqb or carbine version in stock anywhere in the uk so i bought a 2 piece carbine length outer barrel, a 36.3cm 6.03 madbull tightbore barrel, a 7 1/2" keymod Ris rail system and an acog scope. I'm going to buy a stock for it next payday along with some other bits. I come from a 15 year RC background so tinkering with the gun isn't going to be a problem and more than likely i will find building and modifying guns more enjoyable than using them as i do RC.

I'm looking forward to going to some outdoor events and think I could really get into milsim type events after watching many many youtube videos. I also look forward to getting killed by any of you that I meet but be warned, I will return fire lol.

Cheers, Rik

• Supporters

get ukara'd

buy loads of guns n stuff

kiss goodbye to your bank balance

welcome to forum....

as suggestion - got a working gun - keep it for the moment

buy a cheapy starter to learn to tech on rather than pull apart one that works

very soon you will build up a collection of stuff/projects

(story of my sad sad life)

get ukara'd

buy loads of guns n stuff

kiss goodbye to your bank balance

welcome to forum....

as suggestion - got a working gun - keep it for the moment

buy a cheapy starter to learn to tech on rather than pull apart one that works

very soon you will build up a collection of stuff/projects

(story of my sad sad life)

Am getting ukara after next game.

Will end up with a whole heap of guns and will build custom gun rack to house them.

Said goodbye to bank balance 15 years ago lol, rc is also an expensive hobby, currently have 4 projects on the go and now 1st airsoft project which i cannot wait to get stuck into.

Cheers, Rik

Hey mate welcome

Was into rc a while back as well 8th rallycross so fully understand the bank balance pain!!! Found my way into this and enjoy it immensely

Where abouts are you located and what sites do you go to ?

Brian

Hey mate welcome

Was into rc a while back as well 8th rallycross so fully understand the bank balance pain!!! Found my way into this and enjoy it immensely

Where abouts are you located and what sites do you go to ?

Brian

Hi brian

Am located in manchester and have only been to the hive once but there are plenty of sites within an hours drive that i can get to. I believe there are also some paintballing sites that have airsoft days so that further opens up locations to shoot at. I am looking to go all over the uk though. Where do you play and have you got a favourite field or other venue to shoot?

Rik

Hi brian

Am located in manchester and have only been to the hive once but there are plenty of sites within an hours drive that i can get to. I believe there are also some paintballing sites that have airsoft days so that further opens up locations to shoot at. I am looking to go all over the uk though. Where do you play and have you got a favourite field or other venue to shoot?

Rik

Sounds good!

I have only been to one site consistently at the moment and that is Epsom Tunnels an old WW2 air raid shelter its dark, Full auto and very full on which I really enjoy it gets the heart and pulse going.

I am looking at getting out like yourself, the mall at reading, sand pit at kent and a place in portsmouth have all caught the eye so hopefully ill be trying new places as well.

So i got my first set of parts through. Acog scope, 7 1/2" Keymod Ris Rail, Madbull Black Python v2 363mm 6.03 tightbore barrel and 2 piece outer barrel. This is so I can urn my M4 pistol into a carbine/cqb size gun. Next to buy are stock, torch, foregrip and some spare mags.

Rik

20150827_003005_zpstc9xyxev.jpg

Hi brian

Rik

Have you been to Trojan stockport?

Have you been to Trojan stockport?

Not yet but is on my list of places to go

Rik

So I got more parts through delivered by different shops and have to say I am very impressed with patrolbase's service, with their text and email alerts. Had a few from them now and would reccomend to anyone based on my buys so far. Anyway on to the parts.

Got myself a Big Dragon CTR stock, suppressor and muzzle

ZCI M4 stock tube

ASG 230mm bipod

Prowin TM M4 hopup chamber

Nuprol mesh goggles and Mechanix M-pact gloves.

I will do a build thread once the gun to gets here but the drivers for ukmail haven't found my address and despite me leaving a contact number for them, they haven't called but returned to depot twice.

Rik

20150904_034445_zpsvyvu3oog.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.