Scope Focusing/Zeroing

NiallAckroyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello Everyone,

So I was looking down the scope of my l96 and the crosshair and target just won't focus together, when i get my eye to focus on the crosshair, the target goes blurry, when i focus on the target, the crosshair goes blurry. I wondered if it was just my eyes, so I looked down another scope which is on my air rifle, and the crosshair and the target are both in focus, no blurry crosshair, no blurry target. Basically, do I just need to adjust my scope a bit so this doesn't happen, or do i just have a crap scope that is a piece of junk?

Cheers,

Niall

Try moving your scope forward a bit & see if that helps

Tried that, tried tons of different orientations, tried zeroing it again, it just wont focus, I'm stumped :/

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs

Does the scope have screw in/out rear lens ??

I think so, I have accidentally unscrewed it a couple of times, I'm not 100% sure, its just a scope a friend kindly gave to me when I started sniping

All telescopes with crosshairs suffer from this, and everybody's eye needs a different setup to get both the crosshair and the target in focus.

The lens you look through should be screwed into the frame of the scope and you should be able to turn it. If there is a number gauge on the side (unlikely) set it to 0 then work out which way your eye suits in little steps

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.