Ambidextrous Sling Mount G&G

Hegs44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So got my new G&G CM16 SR-L. Great spec, hits all my criteria especially coping with my left handed birth defect. Well almost.

They factory, install a right handed sling mount at back of receiver !! A small but irritating oversight on their part I think. I know I can adapt one from para chord but any info on ambidextrous sling mounts compatible with this gun Greatly appreciated.

Ta

• Root Admin

Perhaps consider a buffer tube sling mount. There are loads out there - the Magpul ASAP style one is quite good.

Like you, I'm left handed and went all out to make my M4 completely ambidextrous right down to the bolt and mag release. I messed around with a few QD mounts on stocks but didn't like them. The ASAP style buffer tube sling mount was really straight forward and works well though. I'm sure PTS used to make them for AEGs too - if not, I'm sure there are clones out there.

Thanks I've found lots of QD sling mount in various style to cater for the left hander or ambidextrous person. Is it a job for my local armourer to install ? as I'm pretty new to airsoft and certainly dont want to start dismantling things.

Also are the mounts generic to all crane stocks or brand specific, there are so many out there between UK and HK I dont know where to start for my G&G CM16 SR.

Ta

:wacko:

• Root Admin

If it's a buffer type then it should be easy. Take the stock off (send us a picture and we'll tell you how) then use a screwdriver to unscrew the tube: It'll just come right off and you throw on the new sling mount. Again, if you could just send a quick picture then that would help immensely if you've changed the stock at all. You won't need to mess around with your gearbox or anything else so don't worry.

It depends on where you're looking to mount this as to what's compatible, but I assume you're talking about what we were earlier in the thread - buffer tube/recoil spring housing sling mounts. The buffer tube (the tube that comes out of the main body (receiver) of your gun (and which the stock sits on) is fairly generic if it's G&G so getting something that fits won't be hard.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.