Gun "Bling"

Hegs44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So looking forward to getting my new G&G CM16 SR-L.. Loads of lovely rails to hang stuff on. Let's be honest all the kit, still shoots like sh#t.

Anyway what's the thoughts on using a PEQ-15 (fully working) or having separate tac light and laser.

I like both open and CQB work and since I'm starting afresh with the new gun wanted to explore all set ups.

I've used separates before which have been fine but have been watching "Strike Back Legacy" over and over and see the PEQ in use on various style weapons.

Grateful for any opinions and set up ideas and fully accept any banter about "Gun Bling" not making the operator any better when boots are in the mud.

Ta 😋👍🏻

Some sites don't allow the use of lasers

The site I go to is at the end of the main runway so there band (cause of air regulations) for fear of crashing etc plus we don't need torches there & the only cqb site I've been to so far have no need for either unless it's a night game

Some people on YouTube have made there own with an empty peq box or upgraded what they already have

• Supporters

but have been watching "Strike Back Legacy" over and over and see the PEQ in use on various style weapons.

Somewhere in these parts you'll find my "Strike Back" M4. It's front wired and has a Magpul stock so it necessitates the need for a PEQ battery box. Which is handy because it fits the look of the screen gun. Other than that, ignore the haters. If you want a PEQ box, get a PEQ box. It's your gun and you're the one that has to lug it around. The Element PEQ 15 is supposed to be quite good as far as having a useful functional torch but if you JUST want it for the torch there are much better options for the money (Night Evolution M300 scout light for example). Bear in mind that a lot of sites don't like you using lasers let alone green ones so don't pay over the odds for a PEQ battery box just because it has a laser in it.

When at my last game there was a chap on the opposite team with a very bright red laser...needless to say he got shot...ALOT! It gave away his position every time he used it, so much so that he ended up taking it off (had a pressure pad on the pistol grip so it was basically on constantly). I use one for my pistols, only because I bought it originally for my g18c when I used it on full auto 😝

Thanks all.

Good advice from both sides of the fence on gun Bling.

Good advice about lasers compromising position, we had that issue at my "work" combined with the fact we all went through the "laser fashion phase" and it made the "target" look like it had measles and no one knew who's round was going where !!!

And the fact at my local site they just aren't allowed.

I picked up an "as new" Element PEQ-15 on ebay for £25 so I'm happy that I have that as an option in the correct circumstances.

Ta

• Moderators

just had a read of the xcortech, pretty impressive :)

• Supporters

just had a read of the xcortech, pretty impressive :)

Yeah they are pretty good bits of kit. The only problem is when I play I usually get about a dozen people going "whats that and how does it work" its starting to get a bit boring. Might just get some info leaflets printed and hand them out to everyone that asks. Or get a patch that says I am deaf and mute please just use google.

I pretty much have a default setup on all my guns

They all have a pressure pad torch

All have some sort of red dot optic or holo

Al, have silencer or tracer unit

They are your guns so pimp them how you want id say

Just read about that xcortech temptation indeed i love the burst fire mode

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.