PJ4 CASV - More indepth Reviews?

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(Thanks to Hef Legend for the details and play-around prior to his P* gearbox)

Still intent on buying the CASV from TG near the end of the month; problem is, their isnt alot of reviews or first-hand information with the stock gearbox. With that, im talking about gearbox longevity, magazine compatbility, sturdiness and if there are any mandatory upgrades to be made.

TaiwanGun's / P&J's guns are A&Ks rebranded, AFAIK. At least their other M4s definitely are.

Dunno if that helps...? But there's gotta be a decent number of reviews on them (as opposed to searching for P4J)

From what I know they're obviously not going to be the best but alright quality as to be expected.

Can't comment on the construction, I know the receiver is metal - I'd imagine it's just weak though (the kind which is more likely to break than polymer on a G&G for example)

Pretty sure I saw they will take MAG magazines and are generally gonna work well with most brands. This is cos I was interested in getting one [a P4J CQB thing, not the CASV] myself a while back.

Really can't give you that much more help than that, sorry.

A&K M4 platforms are generally good. I had a look at the gearbox after I took it out the gun and as far as stock gearboxes go, it wasn't half bad. What I was impressed with was the inner barrel and hop, the air seal was perfect! I have split the CASV since as I didn't like the look in person, but I kept the barrel and hop because it was good.

In fact I sold the stock and gearbox, which gave me a nice £70 return :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.