New - Berkshire area

rosco290

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, new to airsoft, did my first skirmish last Sunday and loved it. Just bought my first weapon, a fairly cheap two tone MP5 from Cyma. Should be good enough to get through a few days and get my UKARA and then I'll get something more suitable.

It'd be good to meet any airsofters from the area and hear about the best places to go.

Also anyone with any experience of the Cyma CM.023 MP5 too!

Welcome to the forum rosco.

Being in Berkshire there are a few sites within reach depending on how mobile you are. There's the Mall in Reading town centre which is a favourite amongst some forum members here. I've booked to go on the 30th myself. There's also Absolute in Reading or Maidenhead as well. If you're near London there are a few in London if you can get in on a Sunday morning.

Have fun shopping for stuff.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum. The South East is amazing for Airsoft sites, especially if you are willing/able to drive. I've been playing for just under 2 years and am still nowhere near checking out all the sites within a 2 hour drive(i'm based close to Xsite Lane End)

• Lane End is my local
  • Xsite's other site The Outpost is a fun CQB site
  • The Mall in Reading is good for CQB
  • Absolute Airsoft doesn't have a very good reputation, I would avoid purely due to it's affiliation with Special Airsoft Supplies(I haven't been but know people who have and said it's crap)
  • Rift Com3 is a good woodland site, players and marshals are sound
  • UCAP: Green Ops is woodland but CQB mostly due to the layout, enjoyed the site but the players on my team that day sucked
  • UCAP: The Sandpit is a massive site, I think it is also massively overrated. I wouldn't go again.
  • Zed Adventures: Battle Lakes, big woodland site that I really enjoyed.
  • Bluestreak Airsoft, like a lot of sites gets very mixed reviews. Thought the site was very well run, no issues with hit taking whatsoever and the lunch was really nice :)

Hopefully that gives you a good starting point.

Hi, Thanks for posting this, I'm in Berkshire and just starting out in airsoft. Came down to lane end for the first time last week! Had a great time and will be back.

Looking forward to checking out some of these other places, I know the manager from Zed Adventures (Mark, served with him in the forces) so will have to get down there at some point.

I fancy the mall, and am looking forward to ucap's newest site tba soon!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.