Custom lockable Gun cupboard

Randymanpipe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey chaps,

I just wondered how all you fine folk store your grown up toys when at home?

Having a nagging wife who's not a huge fan of having RIF indoors and two young children I'm in the process of making a custom lockable cupboard to fit in my utility room.

Just curious to see how everyone else manages it and if anyone else would be interested in one?

A mate of mine being a chippie has made a weapons & kit cupboard out of MDF & has done it a way that it blends in with all the furniture

He's done it in an alcove and has disguised the front as a normal display cupboard so you can't see any evidence of the alcove

As I don't have the room in my bedroom, I've got 2 cupboards with a work bench between them, all the small items go under the lowest drawer in both cupboards & rifles, bags & other large items are under my bed so I have it on wheels to roll out

Guns: In hard cases or boxes under the bed... Or in bits on my work desk.

Gear: Has it's own dedicated set of drawers and shelf in my wardrobe.

Ghillie Suit: In the shed for a very good reason.

• Supporters

Cupboard above the stairs in the spare room has a lock. So guns go in their bags and my plate carrier in there. If I had kids and I no longer had a spare room for office/library/armoury I would build a lockable container in my shed that would be screwed to the wall or I have ideas for a box that would fit under the bed.

I have a chest of drawers that contains most of the rest of my stuff, ammo, radios spare pouches.

Wise man Pt247!!

Just in my gun bag in my room with plat carrier and loadout hung up. Again benifit of no kids atm. Do have a mrs but meh they moan about everything any way so whats one more "thing" on the list lol

I've got kids but they know not to touch any of it without me present

My 3 year old daughter loves pulling the trigger on my rifles, she knows where the safety catch is, how to use it & pull the trigger so I say bang when she does :)

All my kids are grown up so don't have problems with them, eldest being 29 to youngest being 18 so I'm safe from that, but guns kept in a gun case and kit like others either in a wardrobe or a large kit bag for helmet gloves rig gas ammo etc

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my cupboard finished, just about holds everything I need and fits discreetly into my utility room up high locked away from the little ones!

Finally got my cupboard finished, just about holds everything I need and fits discreetly into my utility room up high locked away from the little ones!

post-11797-0-72319200-1441044199_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-99313300-1441044220_thumb.jpg

That looks epic tbh! Looks very discreet so no need to worry about people getting funny about it.

Baaaaaaaa......

No G&G's live here. Only got eyes for ics & TM.

The CXP is me CQB weapon. Looking at getting a mid range rifle in the next few months.

• Supporters

What is that? A gun cupboard for ants? It needs to be at least....3 times bigger!!!

But seriously, nice stealth cupboard.

• Head Moderator

Great work, now everyone is going to want a gun cupboard or wardrobe :)

Spare room on the desk luckily missus isn't to fussed by em and have no kids.

The only annoying this is one of cats sleeps on them hahaha the other hates em.

I do want a rack or cupboard of some sort so my friends and her friends don't think I'm some crazed lunatic

Haha,

You 'gun nut' you! ;D

Spare room on the desk luckily missus isn't to fussed by em and have no kids.

The only annoying this is one of cats sleeps on them hahaha the other hates em.

I do want a rack or cupboard of some sort so my friends and her friends don't think I'm some crazed lunatic

Next time her mates are over walk about in just your pants with a helmet on rubbing your gun calling it "precious" and see how much of a lunatic they think you are then :op

Next time her mates are over walk about in just your pants with a helmet on rubbing your gun calling it "precious" and see how much of a lunatic they think you are then :op

Hahaha

I'll give it a go and report back

Wait, you mean that's not normal? ....... I do that allllll the time. Me and Charlene have special time every day! XP

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.