"Service" M4 AEG

Lord Daem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

I've recently posted another topic in here to introduce myself.

Long story short, I've bought an M4 AEG off my dads friend (as he won it in a raffle.) He suggested servicing it before using it in a skirmish but googling "air soft service" has left me confused!

Are there any lists online of approved air soft "servcers" (or does anyone happen to know a place near Ashford (Kent) that they'd recommend

Thanks, sorry for all the newbie questions!!

Was it brand new & in the box ??

If it was then it doesn't need a service & use it until the foot per second drops then you can get it upgraded

As I do my own tech work, I can't help you with places I'm afraid

• Supporters

First off, how old is it? If it's new then just go use it.

• Supporters

first read up on this:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

in fact read up a bit on some the excellent guides in new players section - many answers & info

pop along to a local site - they can test the gun's performance and you can get a chance to try it all out

if you like see if you shed some light on make or even take a pic for us to guess the make/model

(if its a PolarStar I'll give you £50 or swap you a proper B500A1 - just kidding)

welcome sir - UK's best place for toy gun shooters peew peew peew

Was it brand new & in the box ??

If it was then it doesn't need a service & use it until the foot per second drops then you can get it upgraded

As I do my own tech work, I can't help you with places I'm afraid

First off, how old is it? If it's new then just go use it.

As far as I'm aware, hasn't been used much. It's out of the box so think it's been used before. Battery was also dead so had to charge it up first. Just want to make sure it works really

first read up on this:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

in fact read up a bit on some the excellent guides in new players section - many answers & info

pop along to a local site - they can test the gun's performance and you can get a chance to try it all out

if you like see if you shed some light on make or even take a pic for us to guess the make/model

(if its a PolarStar I'll give you £50 or swap you a proper B500A1 - just kidding)

welcome sir - UK's best place for toy gun shooters peew peew peew

Not sure what the make is (haven't actually got it yet - I'm collecting on Sunday.

Here's a picture. The box on the side is the battery, as apparently there wasn't enough room in the barrel for it. Not sure if that helps (I should be able to shed more light on make/model on Sunday as it still has the original box)

post-11854-0-29148500-1439917669_thumb.jpg

You can change the stock for a crane stock which will house the battery but this means you'll have to rewire it to the rear

That's a dummy peq box & if you know nothing about airsoft weapons then I would leave it as it is until your more knowledgeable & capable of tackling things yourself

Any idea if it's possible to get the battery box "inside" the gun at all?

As nick said above you would need a Buffer tube, Crane stock and a rewire to the rear for a cranestock battery.

As nick said above you would need a Buffer tube, Crane stock and a rewire to the

for a cranestock battery.

Cheers Mack for that mate, trust me to forget the bloody buffer tube :/

Cheers Mack for that mate, trust me to forget the bloody buffer tube :/

Yeah may just leave it for now then!!

Just trying to think of ways to make it more realistic for when I get into Mil-sim skirmishes

Thanks for the help :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.