Red dot

Matto2494

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I recently purchased a red dot from my local store. I've tried to zero it in but not had any luck. Seems to be down and left no matter what I adjust. I notice that there is only on screw fitting so the scope moves a little. Not huge amount but enough to slightly move if you try to move it.

The sight in question is this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/acm-551-holographic-sight-mod-1-black.htm

My question is has anyone had any experience setting this up?

And if I were to change it whatvwould you guys recommend for that kind of price range??

RDS is more affected by the angle you look into it from, usually a good idea to use it in conjunction with iron-sights when adjusting the dot

One thing you can do is to wear your eye pro/mask when adjusting

Your barrel could be slightly out aswell so with an unloaded rifle & safety on, look straight at the muzzle (the bit the bb's exit) and try with electrical tape to make it more central then re-adjust the red dot

Is there a way of raising the sight up from the rail? As when wearing face pro makes it tricky to get a good sight of sight!!

Sure I read somewhere about raising the sight up. *scratches head*

Yeah a common issue, can buy a riser which is essentially just another rail to go inbetween. 'Airsoft Scope Riser' is the key words

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/index.php?cPath=275_383_559_564&osCsid=bc4ca6cf3a15aaa6fac5f603518e03cd

I have a replica 551 sight as well, not the one you linked but close enough. I zeroed my sight with the iron sights up as well so they both line up. Mine clamps onto the rail but there is a little back and forth movement as the pin running across the rail is slightly thinner than the rail gap. I suppose you can pad out the gap with paper if it bothers you but it shouldn't affect your sighting.

my iron sight is unfortunately non removable unless i change the barrel, which at the moment i cannot be arsed with,

Rifle is new so wouldn't imagine the barrel is out.

i have tried a few methods now, so i have lined the sight up with the iron sight and shot the target from around 10 meters away, down and left.

adjusted sight accordingly and taken another shot didnt seem to make much difference.

am i being to timid with the adjustments i am only moving the adjustments in small increments

Try bigger tweaks to the adjustments. They are not as sensitive as you'd think. Some of the cheaper clones actually have it moving in the opposite way that they're marked. Set up your iron sights and holographic sight and give it a big adjustment until you actually see it change alignment with the iron sight, then fine tune it.

Are you moving the adjusters in the correct direction? If the point of impact of the BB is down and left of where the red dot is pointing then you move the adjustment in those directions. As mentioned above, try moving one complete turn on each adjuster, then shoot again at the same aim point as before and see where the BB impacts the target. If that makes no difference, try another 360 degree turn on each. If it's still hitting the same point then probably the adjusters are broken and you should return it as faulty. If it is changing the impact point, then go to smaller adjustments until you get it spot on.

Are you moving the adjusters in the correct direction? If the point of impact of the BB is down and left of where the red dot is pointing then you move the adjustment in those directions. As mentioned above, try moving one complete turn on each adjuster, then shoot again at the same aim point as before and see where the BB impacts the target. If that makes no difference, try another 360 degree turn on each. If it's still hitting the same point then probably the adjusters are broken and you should return it as faulty. If it is changing the impact point, then go to smaller adjustments until you get it spot on.

do i not want to turn the dials so they are going in the opposing direction so up and right to counteract the issues? or am i lost now

No mate

Where the bb's hit is where you want the dot otherwise you'll be pointing at a target 40 foot away & miss them by about 10 foot

Rodney you PLONKER! :D

Dave :)

More than likely mate, it's an easy thing to do if your noobie & don't know what to do

So glad ive seen this

Been doing the same as the OP no wonder the window was in more danger than the target i put up

Fail

So glad ive seen this

Been doing the same as the OP no wonder the window was in more danger than the target i put up

Fail

Hahaha hopefully the glass is still in the same hole then ??

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.