Motor height adjustment problem

JamieB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya,

I've recently installed a Magpul MOE grip on my M4. I was adjusting the motor height screw last night to get the rifle sounding/firing properly in semi-auto, but i have to set it really loose to the point where the screw will turn on its own, or with a finger. This can't be normal, i'm worried the adjustment screw will fall out! But if i tighten it just enough to hold it in place the motor starts grinding.

Any ideas what could be causing this, and how i could fix it?

Thanks,

- jb

Maybe the motor is caught on something?

Having done some internet research it seems there has been reports

of problems with the Magpul grips before - they don't fit correctly with a lot of motors and push them down too far. It's a shame because it's a lovely grip and it matches my other Magpul mods.

Do you think it would be possible to shim the motor plate/grip cover too allow a bit more room for the motor? Otherwise i might just have to go back to my original skanky plastic grip :angry:

It might be possible to do that.

Have you tried comparing the adjustment screw from the old and new stock?

Yep, both are at similar heights. I did try to install my original base plate

in the Magpul grip buts it doesn't fit - i guess Magpul don't want you using anything but their base plates.

After some more research today it seems Magpul have corrected this issue (apparently the fins/rims on the original MOE base plate don't fit properly with most AEG motors) by releasing a revised metal base plate with a different design. Personally, that feels a bit like they are cashing in to me, it's pretty annoying.

Oh well, be warned i guess guys.

Archived