Airsoft Forums UK

HPA tanks - where to get them refilled?

MILITATED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty soon I will have a HPA drum mag for a Kriss Vector running off a 48ci/3000psi tank. Where can I get them refilled when the time comes? I've heard about scuba diving shops, and the nearest one is about an hour from me. I am in North London. Are there any other places that can fill them?

Thanks

• Supporters

currently not aware of any airsoft sites who offer a service of filling bottles. you have three choices, Paintball site, buy scuba tank with fill station or buy a special pump fill them.

• Supporters

An air compressor isn't particularly special :P

Did I say compressor...... NO I don't think I did, did I...... There's a special hand pump you can buy but usual Kiwi doesn't have anything usual to say just wants to try and be a joker....... grow up dude

http://m.uttings.co.uk/p104227-webley-tripump-stirrup-pump-tripump/

Did I say compressor...... NO I don't think I did, did I...... There's a special hand pump you can buy but usual Kiwi doesn't have anything usual to say just wants to try and be a joker..,,, grow up dude

And you took that as a joke? Get the bug out of your backside. Jeez.

An Air compressor capable of pumping a paintball tank can be costly, but if you get an oil free workshop 85 PSI capable compressor, and one of these - http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/products.html - not so much.

If like me you need to travel 45 minutes to your nearest dive shop who charge you 8 quid a fill regardless of tank size, it levels itself out pretty damn quickly.

Also those stirrup pumps are overpriced cack. Unfiltered compressed air is an incredibly bad idea, much quicker degradation of seals, you've got to use them when the air is low humidity (sub 20%) which doesn't happen any time during the british summer, or you get copious amounts of moisture build up which can lead to corrosion inside the tank which can lead to a pressure blowout, which is incredibly dangerous.

I live very close to Highgate :) My local airsoft shop is ProAirsoftSupplies - About 20 minutes out from me. Just went on the website for Pax airguns and apparently they do refills!

Airsoft shop and a shop for refills on the same road :) Brilliant!

How wS quite interesting for me. However the seem to be cracking down on it at my local site and will make you fit a lock. Which some people cut to up the Fps. Not sure how much longer it will be around. But good to know that there is a shop near pro airsoft as I can get there in my lunch hour.

I live very close to Highgate :) My local airsoft shop is ProAirsoftSupplies - About 20 minutes out from me. Just went on the website for Pax airguns and apparently they do refills!

Airsoft shop and a shop for refills on the same road :) Brilliant!

Yep, that is who I was referring to, do post here if they will fill them.

How wS quite interesting for me. However the seem to be cracking down on it at my local site and will make you fit a lock. Which some people cut to up the Fps. Not sure how much longer it will be around. But good to know that there is a shop near pro airsoft as I can get there in my lunch hour.

It doesn't matter whether it's hpa, split gearbox, quick change spring, adjustable spring, gas type, there will always be easy ways to "tweak" a gun's power, but it's not the tool's fault, it's the players. Cheaters who want to hurt other's should be removed not the tools.

Any site that bans a type of gun which can be used to facilitate 'easier' cheating should be boycotted.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.