Speedsoft

Colonel Kurtz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've only just encountered the term 'speed-softing / speed-softers'. Seems to be an american term for ex-paintballers who play in a non-milsim fashion and games that seem to match our idea of CQB?

So I'm curious to hear what people think about the term, if it's one they use, if so what they think the criteria/cliches/stereotypes are?

• Supporters

Sounds like a performance issue that can be caused by over use of amphetamines.

As opposed to Raging Speedhorn?

Isn't speedsoft that thing they do in paintball arenas with the inflatable obstacles?

• Head Moderator

I have just googled the term speed softer and found this

www.http://wikiofmom.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/case-against-speedsoft-and-mercenary.html

Basically a player who runs around "like a displaced paint baller" wIth full auto, and no real military tactics (antipithis of milsim?).

• Supporters

I have just googled the term speed softer and found this

www.http://wikiofmom.blogspot.co.uk/2009/12/case-against-speedsoft-and-mercenary.html

Basically a player who runs around "like a displaced paint baller" wIth full auto, and no real military tactics (antipithis of milsim?).

Thats me then

Bit of an odd concept. Speedball for paintball has been around for ages - part of the whole "it's an extreme sport" mentality. I though most people turned to airsoft because they wanted something more tactical and simulation like, rather than running around inflatable barricades dressed in brightly coloured strips.

Not sure why it's a thing at all in airsoft. Especially with a move in paintball towards "magfed" and more tactical/simulation like games.

If you want fast and furious airsoft do CQB or kill houses!

• Supporters

Sounds like those videos from the far east where they rinse people up with guns held together with gaffa tape in a field with chest high walls. I think the objective is to unload an entire high cap onto someone at point blank, at which point the marshal declares the player hit.

• Supporters

I don't think speedsoft happens much outside of the far east. It's odd because I know Japan in particular has a lot of seriously hardcore impressionists who spend the sort of money that makes the SEAL/Delta/SAS re-enactors in the US and Europe look like little kids with pocket money.

That said, in Hong Kong a fair bit of the skirmishing is (or certainly was in the past) based on a 'how much can you stand' system with people unloading their electrically fed box mags at 2 joules with no MED. All armoured up tofuck as you only called hit when you physically couldn't take the pain of getting constantly laced any further. Absolutely dread to think how many people would lose their eyes and teeth if something like that happened often here, especially with the bargain bucket, shitty, non-sealed eye pro some new players buy.

• Supporters

To me it is a term I suppose you could use for timed based games

unlimited respawn to attack defending mofo's with one life

sprinting like f*ck - lambs to the slaughter, cut down, back to respawn run like etc......

a few bases to take control of in shortest total time etc........

This is the game type that I'm drenched in sweat and screaming at Doris, Mavis & Ethel back at spawn

all talking about corned beef and their poxy loadout or their wonderful gun

FFS - girls get ya ar$e's in gear, this is the few moments that my enthusiasm can mask my $hite skills

and you lot are just chatting whilst collecting ya pensions....

(actually - I'm too old for this $hit - maybe they got the right idea but c'mon lets go for it first n chat later)

Doesn't seem to be a terms that's quite taken place in airsoft over here, all the above comments seem to agree with my vague notion of what it is;

In terms of game style - quick paced arena based with unlimited respawns, often in arenas with not much/any effort put into making a realistic environment.

In terms of play style - sprinting around like a nutter with a high ROF weapon, paying little attention to military tactics/ethos for it's own sake, essentially what 'meta-gaming' is to computer games; ignoring all ethos/immersion and just doing what gets you most kills fastest.

The vague concept of it seems to apply perfectly to my style of play, although there's a stinking pit of bitching about levels of douchebaggery in this style of play from the american scene out there in the forums. People complaining about them being snobs in terms of having all the best kit (polastars usually), them dishing out high ROF overkill, and them being poor hit-takers. The comic cliche is them being displaced paintballers from California, and dude-ish douche-bags.

My guess is in the UK CQB comes close enough and provides a suitable arena for such a style of play, and there's not enough people wanting to skip the military immersion, for the term to really take off.

• 5 years later...
On 21/02/2021 at 13:03, speedxofficial said:
If you're a team and you're looking for speedsoft competitions, go check out our Instagram!!
speedx.official
Just DM us on Instagram if you'd be interested in participating in our future events!!
🇬🇧🇬🇧🔥🔥💯💯

Your Instagram is empty

https://instagram.com/speedx.official?igshid=1fbxa0kjinazm

It will be worthwhile to post up something about what you intend to run.

’Around the UK’ is vague 

Mayhem paintball started running airsoft games. Great site, very obviously has paintball money behind it. Not run very well for airsoft as they don't really understand the game and the safety aspect is... Interesting. However they are now advertising speedsoft as I think it's more in line with their knowledge. Not my cup of tea, but it's obviously gaining traction. 

On 21/02/2021 at 13:03, speedxofficial said:
If you're a team and you're looking for speedsoft competitions, go check out our Instagram!!
speedx.official
Just DM us on Instagram if you'd be interested in participating in our future events!!
🇬🇧🇬🇧🔥🔥💯💯

No

• Supporters
On 23/02/2021 at 07:32, Cannonfodder said:

So you've joined the forum just to necropost in a 5 year old thread 

excuse me while i generously apply communism to your our meme in future.....

image.png.f80df8b85df8cdbda4aa64ddd623b2ff.png

Impressive.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.