ICS cxp product range

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've noticed alot of pictures etc on Facebook about ICS cxp product range & I'm wondering what sets them apart from the likes of G&G, G&P etc ???

I myself have an ICS sportline M4 which for me the split gearbox is brilliant just for its simplicity

• Supporters

I've noticed alot of pictures etc on Facebook about ICS cxp product range & I'm wondering what sets them apart from the likes of G&G, G&P etc ???

I myself have an ICS sportline M4 which for me the split gearbox is brilliant just for its simplicity

My mate has two of them. Can’t really see myself what makes them different other than the ball ache of them being front wired and having to mess about getting the battery inside the RIS, I think he actually has to remove the RIS to get the battery inside which is a ball ache.

Having seen them in use though I have to say they are really accurate and have some decent range on them but suppose that’s no different to most other AEG’s on the market.

I wanted to get one at one point until I saw what he had to do to get the battery in which put me right off.

• Supporters

The CXP's have no real world equivalent. ICS M4 are obviously based on M4 variations. But the CXP's while based loosely on the M4 body have come from the crazed brains of the ICS designers who seem to have partaken in some experimental substances and thrown sh!t at them and whatever stuck stayed.

Having said that, it was the rental gun I used when I first started 3 or 4 years ago and was pretty good considering its age and the abuse they were getting. I'm still tempted from time to time to get the CXP in CQB pistol configuration.

A large NiMh battery was electrical taped to the front end for the rentals but in most cases people with front wired guns I see use PEQ boxes to house the power supply, mostly LiPo.

• Supporters

The newer ones like the Hog and Par Mk3 come in rear and front wired versions so does the masada clone the Ape. Ics guns are good because they are reliable and well built. The newer models have better quality gears and pistons than the older versions, which weren't too bad to start with. The Ape is a very nice looking gun aswell. The older CXP's were M4 and 416 clones.

I've got a TransforM4 which was the first of the latest batch of ICS (trumping the CXP range)

Is damn good rifle, flawless, never missed a beat. As for battery, that's just a simple rewiring that's often necessary in airsoft guns, and I found it pretty easy to fit nunchuck lipo's into the front of mine anyways.

I had to make the ICS vs G&G decision myself, and after talking to lots of techies, store owners, players, came to the conclusion that G&G are far far more prone to issues and not made as well. ICS have put more effort into designing their own guns and gearboxes, rather than just cloning the dimensions of TM and then trying to put cheaper internals in it like most.

After looking at a few reviews on YouTube, it's mostly cosmetic that's changed

I rewired mine to the rear, easily done by rerouting in new wires and out the back but did have to do a bit gearbox moding to accommodate the better 16awg wire

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.