ASPUK supplied BB King heavyweight white ammo - PROBLEMS

NickM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I know there was a batch everyone said was rubbish and one that was ok. Think it was the first batch that were supposedly dodgy, no idea which ones I have. I have to point out these were bought about 8 months ago, which would be before ASPUK was taken over by new owners.

With the wind non existant and no gusts last weekend I thought it might be fun to finally test out my .43 and .40 bb king ammo in my Bar10 but all I got was jams, when I finally got the bbs out it was clear they were too large for the barrel. Which is a surprise as the barrel is not a tightbore, simply the standard barrel which has been polished and an r hop fitted.

I tried 10 rounds in total, 5 of each weight with exactly the same result, a solid jam each time. So a word of warning for any snipers out there thinking of giving this ammo a go, test very very cautiously. I've just tried to drop some through the 4 stock barrels I have and my TK twist barrel which is supposed to have a wider bore and they stop in the crowning on the end of the barrel. I spent £37 on ammo that wont feed into any of my guns.

If I could find some callipers I would measure them and get back, but I don't at the moment.

• Supporters

Yep, the first batch. Unfortunately it's a big batch, because the Chinese factory sent testers to retailers everywhere in the world and those were unbelievably great, so everyone ordered a lot of it. Then they sent those crappy ones.

My sources are a webshop that mainly sells BBs and an other airsoft shop owner.

BB king, Nuprol, Rockets and a couple of small brands are the rebrands of these.

Did anyone else read this thread title with odd punctuation?

To me it looks like a news headline about a recently deceased blues musician.

BB Kings I believe are the same BB's as Nuprols. LOADS of people have reported issues with various sizes, I bought a bottle of .43's in Feb and had zero issues. The second bottle I bought about 3 months ago and although in my standard barrel Gspec I've had no issues I built a VSR for a buy with a 6.03 barrel and I had jams. Also, I get quite a few flyers!

Most heavyweight users have switched to the Gunfire Rockets which seem to be as good but with zero jams!I'm currently playing with .4's and .43's. (Probably going to sell a stack on as I have a couple surplus bags. I'd like to try the .45's too!).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.