KSC Glock 18c diagnosis (video)

Jarheadc69

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and girls,

Ive had this glock for many years and since the first year of having it I was experiencing problems.

When firing relatively rapidly, the topslide stops and gas leaks out.

If you need, watch the video and you can see for yourself: https://youtu.be/KZ_Z6a2PmX0

I would really like to get this baby working properly! Does it just look like a faulty seal on the mag? If so, it holds a small amount of gas for days on end?!

Diagnoses/any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jarhead

It seems that either:

1) the nozzle inlet isn't lined up right with the gas router on the mag

2) the nozzle is blocked, try dropping some silicone oil in the nozzle from both holes

3) the slide cannot move back freely, so doesn't move back far enough to reset the firing pin/striker, is the slide lubed up?

4) a combination of the above

Take the slide off, remove the barrel and pull the nozzle towards where the muzzle was, does it move smoothly? Does it snap back smoothly and quickly when you release it?

Not sure how the trigger/striker works in a glock, if the parts are stiff they may stop the slide going Back

Don't test this with your hand, but does a bb come out the barrel when it jams like that?

I've oiled up all parts of the internals as suggested and managed to get almost a whole clip out. The slide then jammed again and leaked gas.

After removing the slide and inspecting the nozzle I can see that sometimes it gets stuck. It moves back close to where it should be but then I have to tap it for it click back fully. I've applied silicon oil to the whole section but it still sticks.

Will I have to dismantle this part?

Thanks for the help

Ok I have a bit of a better idea now. How much gas are you putting in the mag? Ie how long do you hold the can down on the inlet valve

The nozzle certainly shouldn't stick at all. I would try getting some lube in the nozzle first, pull it all the way forward and you should be able to see just inside it. Put a few drops in the gap behind the nozzle and work it into the movement for a minute, see if that lets the nozzle move smoothly

If you've improved it by adding some lube I'd say you likely have a part that wasn't lubed properly. Has the gun ever Worked properly? Your first post is a little vague to me

So I've relubed the nozzle and all other moving parts and I haven't had a leak yet.

I've also notice that sometimes whilst firing at the target some shots wouldn't actually come out the barrel but the blowback would go.

So when firing I hold the magazine in/up more firmly with my non- trigger hand and then it fires smoothly.

So could it also be down to a bad mag fit?

I put the gas in it in short one second bursts about 4 times.

And yes the gun has worked properly before for the first few months.

Thanks

If you have a spare mag then try that

Does turning the hop all the way off make any difference? I had some slightly different issues with mine, though occasional gas venting was one of them, turned out the hop rubber was past it. Replaced it and now works as good as new.

Ok, more questions:

Is the magazine the same brand as the gun?

Do other magazines work?

Try adding a bit more gas, you should be able to hear when the mag is almost full if you put your ear to the can

Try turning the hop down a little. Take the barrel out and look down it from the hop chamber, does the hop rubber sit too far into the barrel or look damaged?

I replaced the hop rubber about a year back which helped a bit.

The original magazine is the one I have been using but I've also ordered another magazine which should arrive in the next few days. So we shall see then!

Thanks for all the help :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.