Better name than Airsoft.

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can any one come up with a better name for our "sport". Maybe one that's a bit more descriptive of the pain involved or just more masculin And dosnt leave you explaining that it really isn't nerf.

Was trying to avoid play, toy, etc. wheel chair basketball is commonly know as murder ball. And anyone who has seen it will know why it's called this. Best name for a game, no shame in saying am off playing murder ball this weekend. Haha

• Head Moderator

Painball ? Maybe not as may get us confused with those skirmishers running around having fun without any uniform and kit, and unable to deny being hit.

• Head Moderator

Skirmish shooting.

• Head Moderator

BB sounds soft, like a yank kid with a springer in the yard. Ball Bearing sounds harder, more metallic and dangerous. Puts us up there with other danger sports: base jumping, kite surfing, hang gliding, shadow boxing. Could have an extreme sports angle and actually use real 6mm ball bearings... definitely would call your hits then.

• Supporters

Can any one come up with a better name for our "sport". Maybe one that's a bit more descriptive of the pain involved or just more masculin And dosnt leave you explaining that it really isn't nerf.

Why?

• Supporters

Why not?

Because there's nothing wrong with "airsoft"?

Maybe you should get yourself one of these: if-i-have-to-explain-you-wouldn-t-unders

And stop worrying about what other people think...

Or he could make a topic asking for peoples ideas and opinions
as a way to pass time & see if anyone has the brain cells to come up with a funny alternative to airsoft i mean..airsoft could be a type of bog roll or a fabric softner to the uneducated person..so stop sucking the joy out of everything and go back to your corner

• Supporters

Or he could make a topic asking for peoples ideas and opinions

as a way to pass time & see if anyone has the brain cells to come up with a funny alternative to airsoft i mean..airsoft could be a type of bog roll or a fabric softner to the uneducated person..so stop sucking the joy out of everything and go back to your corner

*ahem*

Poke it up your bumhole.

It actually was called 'soft air' when the first guns came out...

And another piece of trivia... BB stands for 'ball bullet' and not 'ball bearing' as commonly thought.

Whilst it would be nice to try and think of an alternative the sport / hobby has been around for many years (at least 18 I can think of) and has always been called airsoft, so a name change would cause a huge amount of confusion.

Personally I don't mind airsoft :)

• Supporters

nah..you'd get overly excited and leave your keyboard in a sticky situation ;-)

You should know sweetcheeks.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.