V-Cam - Is it another version of Mulitcam?

djben9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

Is this just Vipers version of Multicam but slightly different?

seen a few items i was looking at but wasn't sure on how far apart they may be?

• Moderators

haha, cheers, im assuming its slightly different shades to Multicam but has rounded edges as well unlike MTP l
quiet day at work for me :(

• Supporters

haha, cheers, im assuming its slightly different shades to Multicam but has rounded edges as well unlike MTP l

quiet day at work for me :(

It's just different enough so they don't get sued by the licence holders of Multicam...

Yes another copy of Crye Multicam, but it looks a bit shit IMO (probably the worst out of all Multicam clones) Not very close to the genuine pattern either from what I have seen, but to be fair maybe it is better in person.

• Supporters

Yes another copy of Crye Multicam, but it looks a bit sh*t IMO (probably the worst out of all Multicam clones) Not very close to the genuine pattern either from what I have seen, but to be fair maybe it is better in person.

They all look the same to me.

• Supporters

Anything that looks like multicam but doesn't specifically say the word multicam and come from a reputable retailer, is just a copy. Simple as that.

All said clones and copies vary a little bit and are slightly differently shaped and shaded. However if you're not really in to your kit you won't notice the difference 90% of the time and other people who're any distance from you/in a dimly lit area/behind trees or whatever definitely won't notice any difference. When you get to whatever skirmish site you're playing at, 99% of people won't be able to tell any difference between the real stuff, MTP and any of the many many clones out there. I've seen all sorts of military people in various trades who wear MTP literally all day every day be entirely unable to tell even some of the worst clone items from the genuine article; literally the cheapest chinese clone stuff that was half snot green and half actual barbie pink it was so badly manufactured... still couldn't see it was different.

I've seen all sorts of military people in various trades who wear MTP literally all day every day be entirely unable to tell even some of the worst clone items from the genuine article; literally the cheapest chinese clone stuff that was half snot green and half actual barbie pink it was so badly manufactured... still couldn't see it was different.

Do the clones have the same NIR/SWIR profiles?

• Supporters

Do the clones have the same NIR/SWIR profiles?

Good lord, no!

That's why they're a fraction of the cost.

• Supporters

Exactly, why would real operators want to use it.

They don't. But then they're happy to pay the proper money for the real stuff (assuming they don't get issued it anyway).

Exactly, why would real operators want to use it. So they can look like pikachu in the dark?

You say this like it's a bad thing...

• Supporters

I said some military people, by which I meant the likes of some raf reg gunners who really want to look cool and ally and know enough to be aware of shops that sell gear, but not enough to be aware of what's good and what's a cheap Chinese clone.

The clothing is quite hard to tell the difference but with the tac nylon as mentioned it used to have a horrible pinkish tinge to it and was quiet shiny. The newer stuff is a bit better but some of it like the cheaper stuff from China or Viper still seems a bit to shiny. A bit of use or quick dust with krylon will soon sort it out though.

One advantage of the goos stuff if you play night games is that it will be NV Treated and show up like a Xmas Tree to anyone running nods. For regular daytime skirmishing though doesn't matter.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.