rs type56 real steel furniture

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, I'm thinking of replacing my rs56 furniture for some modern tactical polymer furniture and having friends in America gives me some easy options.

I need to know if I can use a standard ak74 style pistol grip, does the motor present any problems?

thanks

andy

A motor in a real steel grip? I doubt that is possible. I'd imagine it would be mounted to the receiver differently (for example you would need to drill out a hole for the motor shaft to go through as well) and it won't be hollow or be able to mount a motor plate onto it.

Most manufacturers (of airsoft replicas) make their grips slightly bigger than real ones to accommodate the motor, although that said I'm sure I've heard RS on the other hand have grips which are more accurate to real dimensions. Don't ask me how though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this, to confirm a real steel AK grip will not work on an AEG. they are a LOT narrower than an AEG one. Was fortunate enough to handle some deactivated AKs at weekend at my local site (to see if real steel grips would fit my GBBR AKS74U - not without some modification,even though the GBBR ones are basically the right size).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.