Upgrade my M4 or buy new?

Reece_Spurs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

if you buy a two tone it must stay that way. even if you have a ukara defence, you cannot alter a two tone.

As trigger said, get your ukara and get that cbr

What? Everything I read up on about 2 tone guns was its only against the law to actually sell a non 2 toned gun if the buyer doesnt have a ukara license? If its sold as a tone tone then the buyer can do whatever he likes in respect of changing and respraying?

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong! Gone 2 non two toned guns atm, hope the police don't come knocking! :D

• Supporters

Do you have any suggestions on higher priced guns? That G&G looks pretty good, but doesnt seem to have a MOSFET and ideally i'd like lipos on my next buy.

Going to have a look at those Krytec and tippmans.

Nope - I stick to about £150 guns atm

some BOT SRL G&G's at about £170 have fet's even 3 round burst mosfet's

You don't HAVE to have a fet if it gun is still stock

But me personally if I was opening a box to tweak it a little I'd fit a basic MOSFET in there anyway and unleash juicy hell if I want to and not have worry about arcing

Depends if you can do the work yourself or take it to somebody, most of this work costs time than money really if you wanna do it as best as you can

• Supporters

Manufacturing an rif without a defense is illegal but technically even going to an airsoft site once is a defense

Spot on.

The law states its legal to own a rif for the purpose of playing airsoft. Ukara was a scheme to make sellers lives easier its not law. If you have a defence you can spray it. Hang it on the wall then your a collector which is also a legal defence.

At the end of the day as long as you dont go waving it round in the street you will be fine.

Come along and play a day with me then I can sell you a gun because your a skirmisher I have seen it so your defence is covered enough to satisfy me the seller. Its that simple.

^^ one thing I wasn't (still not) sure of is if you see a kid under 18 playing and the parents come and offer to buy your gun would they be allowed to purchase a rif as it is going to be used for skirmishing just not by them, effectively borrowed by the minor for games, ? As an under 18 player this has been bugging me no end

• Supporters

^^ one thing I wasn't (still not) sure of is if you see a kid under 18 playing and the parents come and offer to buy your gun would they be allowed to purchase a rif as it is going to be used for skirmishing just not by them, effectively borrowed by the minor for games, ? As an under 18 player this has been bugging me no end

Parent would need their own defence other wise you legally cant sell to them. If they have a defence then they can buy it and then gift it to you.

Parent would need their own defence other wise you legally cant sell to them. If they have a defence then they can buy it and then gift it to you.

And my Dad refuses to play :( because he thinks pretending to be part of a war is wrong which personally I agree with but airsoft is fun anyway :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.