Goggles for broken nose

WeaselNo7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon!

I'm looking to get hold of some goggles (I'd consider ballistic glasses) that can sit well on my mashed-up nose. The bridge of my nose has a fair amount of extra cartilage that means most goggles/glasses sit about a centimetre too high.

I happily took a dremel to my mesh goggles to make them fit (took an extra 1.5mm off each side), but I'm looking to move into the world of glass... so is anyone aware of a brand that I can alter without compromising the strength? Or any companies that would take measurements for custom-making a pair (without me needing to remortgage my house to get hold of them)?

Cheers!

Cheers ImTriggerHappy! :D

I've got mesh already, and I'd like to shuffle over to ballistic glass. Apparently bio bb's are more likely to shatter, and I'll be at ai500 in a month or so where they're prescribed.

I'm sure it's a very slim chance, but I'd still like to avoid any sliver of possibility! I like my eyes how they are!

Any suggestions lurking? Close up photos of the nose area of people's existing eyewear would be good, so I can judge Dremellability!

I saw a great piece somewhere about how much velocity a bb loses if it does shatter. Apparently the way they break means that the speed they travel at is extremely minimal and actually ends up feeling like a bit of dust or something similar.

I wish I could find it and I hope it's true because so many people are relying on mesh. Even rentals get given mesh which I'm assuming is approved by the insurers so I'm pretty sure we are safe in that department.

• Supporters

I saw a great piece somewhere about how much velocity a bb loses if it does shatter. Apparently the way they break means that the speed they travel at is extremely minimal and actually ends up feeling like a bit of dust or something similar.

I wish I could find it and I hope it's true because so many people are relying on mesh. Even rentals get given mesh which I'm assuming is approved by the insurers so I'm pretty sure we are safe in that department.

I have had bbs shatter and go through my mask into my eyes. Its no big deal a bit of eyewash and all sorted its no worse than getting dust in your eyes when its windy.

• Supporters

Cheers ImTriggerHappy! :D

I've got mesh already, and I'd like to shuffle over to ballistic glass. Apparently bio bb's are more likely to shatter, and I'll be at ai500 in a month or so where they're prescribed.

I'm sure it's a very slim chance, but I'd still like to avoid any sliver of possibility! I like my eyes how they are!

Any suggestions lurking? Close up photos of the nose area of people's existing eyewear would be good, so I can judge Dremellability!

Bio shattering more than plastic is a bit of a myth, you're in no real danger with mesh.

That said, if you Dremel the lens of some ballistic glasses you'll be damaging them significantly, probably not enough to allow a BB to break them but who wants to take the chance?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.