Sound amplifiers

FatHeadLovell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I'm going to be buying my first RIF in a couple of weeks.

Playing at Billericay yesterday, somebody had a Firehawk that sounded AMAZING.

I'm therefore interested in a sound amplifier, but am wondering how well they work?

I'm looking at a G&G R8-l by the way.

• Root Admin

They don't really work that much, but it's simply through the way the air moves over it as it leaves the barrel. Madbull are the only people that make them if I recall correctly - Element do one that looks the same and weighs a ton, but I don't think it's intended as an amplifier.

The Madbull one works quite well on my GBBr AKS74U, the end adjusts by loosening to increase the sound (hence the spring clip which locks it in place) but its not like it makes it HUGELY louder. Not tried on an AEG though.

• Supporters

Dytac do one too, it's fitted as standard to their "Invader Recon" models.

The Madbull one works quite well on my GBBr AKS74U, the end adjusts by loosening to increase the sound (hence the spring clip which locks it in place) but its not like it makes it HUGELY louder. Not tried on an AEG though.

Is the loud enough to be considered worthwhile?

G&G have started to sell the amplifier off their Firehawk gun which indoors makes for a head turning crack rather than a pop like a normal gun. Amps only work well for CQB or outdoors suppresion as the lack of walls to echo and funnel noise makes them not much louder.

G&G have started to sell the amplifier off their Firehawk gun which indoors makes for a head turning crack rather than a pop like a normal gun. Amps only work well for CQB or outdoors suppresion as the lack of walls to echo and funnel noise makes them not much louder.

The more noise the better! I like the idea of being able to change the sound output depending on the situation.

I might buy a cheap one first to make a decision regarding real investment later on.

Hated how loud my firehawk was In cqb, soon as I squeezed off a shot everyone honed in on me as I echoed through all the corridors. Swapped it out for a stubby silencer and I go a lot more under the radar and my shots blend in with everyone else's.

The more noise the better! I like the idea of being able to change the sound output depending on the situation.

I might buy a cheap one first to make a decision regarding real investment later on.

Stubby suppressor on patrol base you can unscrew the end and take out the 2 foam rings and it's the sound amplifier or you can keep them in and it takes the loud snap off the shots. Best of both worlds for 21 quid

Noveske KX3 Sound Hog ?

Have one on my SCAR.

Acts as a funnel to focus the sound forward.

You cant hear much difference from behind or the side, but the people youre shooting say its noticeable.

Stubby suppressor on patrol base you can unscrew the end and take out the 2 foam rings and it's the sound amplifier or you can keep them in and it takes the loud snap off the shots. Best of both worlds for 21 quid

Is it actually a worth while difference ?

• Supporters

Noveske KX3 Sound Hog ?

Have one on my SCAR.

Acts as a funnel to focus the sound forward.

You cant hear much difference from behind or the side, but the people youre shooting say its noticeable.

I have the same one on my tippmann :D

No good for stealth, but excellent for keeping people's heads down lol

Is the loud enough to be considered worthwhile?

Not if you're expecting a big difference in sound, as others said it mainly changes the sound rather than a big volume boost. It is more noticable in indoor CQB than outdoors. But they look good on short barrel guns too! :-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.