G&g cm16 r8l hop going left

Oneshotscott

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sounds like a hop problem. I seem to remember reading that some G&Gs had a batch problem with their hop installs.

If its under warranty, take it back. Tampering will invalidate your warranty.

• Supporters

Sounds like a hop problem. I seem to remember reading that some G&Gs had a batch problem with their hop installs.

If its under warranty, take it back. Tampering will invalidate your warranty.

Adjusting the hop bucking shouldnt invalidate the warranty. Its a removable part for cleaning and maintenance.

Just take the barrel out with the hop unit still attached. Wind the hop all the way off drop a bb into the hop unit and you will probably see the bucking nub touching the left side first. You will need to adjust the bucking so it hits evenly.

There are plenty of vids on youtube on how to do it if you are unsure.

Maybe. Some retailers reject claims on the smallest of things including not using their preferred brand of BBs.

Many will argue you shouldnt need to open an AEG up at all in tne warranty. Hop adjustments are external and a barrel clean is non obtrusive.

Its worth reading the small print first. If it turns out he cant fix it or makes it worse, he might end up with a bill.

If youre right great, but just a word of caution.

• Supporters

Removing the barrel and hop unit comes under general maintenance. You need to remove the barrel from the hop chamber to clean it properly because you dont want silicone oil or gun cleaner on your hop bucking.

Any retailer who claims adjusting the bucking or even changing it is breaking the sale of goods act and in the wrong.

As long as you dont mess with the gearbox,motor or wiring your ok.

cheers baz jj and trigger-happy,

il take you're advice onboard and read up and watch a few videos. I will call airsoftzone (seller) and get their view also as they have been very helpful with my previous calls for advice/help.

many thanks and il let you know how I got on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.