New G&P MRE M4 gears/motor

iBrowniee x

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know what gears and motor the G&P MRE uses or what makes it shoot so fast.. I'm looking to upgrade the internals in my gun in the future and I want something like this.

• Supporters

Sigh - at a guess coz not that sad to run it through sound/wave tester like audio city thingy majig.....

33rps to 35 max on Single Sector Gear - not a dsg coz barrel is way past 250mm limit

(they say up to 300mm barrels but imho it is 250 as in ak74, g36c & short M4 dsg builds)

gears are GOOD 12:1 or 13:1 most likely, unlikely to be using Riot's 10:1 set @ $100 or £100 a set

SHS Gen 4 or ak2m4's core 13:1 are doing well in some of mine

good decent neodym motor & being yanks running 11.1v most likely

you can get close to this 30 to 33 on 7.4v if you use mofo 16 to 14awg wire and a bloody good torquey fast motor

Lonex A1 or a BD M160 - maybe SHS torque is a cheaper easy to get option

YOU WILL NEED A MOSFET EVEN ON 7.4V - if done with M120 & SS two teeth a normal fet will be fine

in fact the box must be built with ultra mega care at the very very best you can possible build to - really

proper sorbothane, AoE or piston will just snap clean off - it WILL btw

a decent robust piston with 3 to 7 full metal teeth - all metal is optional but another area you will must do:

Shortstroke 2 teeth off back of piston and fit a m115 or m120 spring or Pre Engagement WILL happen on 30+ rps builds

2 teeth off the START or first couple teeth of sector gear - NOT BACK OFF SECTOR

(back off piston's metal teeth - must have 1 metal tooth min left on piston and start of sector - take it off the back and tappet timing goes pear shape)

would add delay clip to sector gear to assist with feeding - fit it correct way round, shs metal delay is what I use

They built that using bearings which helps it run freely but I would not use bearings on sector gear as this turns slower under stain of piston

LCT I think use bearings on bevel & spur but solid bushings on sector

me - I have started to test out bushings mostly especially on sector but have used 8mm bearings on top/left side of gearbox for bevel/spur

checking that runs quite smooth & free but bearings can/will fail before bushings so shimmimg must be bang on to prolong the life

In fact the whole box is gonna have a shorter life than a 20rps box generally speaking as it is have the life knocked out of it more

Another factor even with box running very very well - you will probably find a number of your mags may not feed very well

most likely very good high caps like Lonex or good mid caps like ASG will be required to feed at 30+rps

You WILL need to shortstroke & use a slightly higher spring

best gearbox build you can ever possibly do and have good decent mags

20 to 24rps is max you can go with m100 full stroke - or she double cylcles and would need AB fet

but 30rps on m100 you will very likely get PE or be on the absolute limit sailing so close to the wind

parts wise it is about £50+ for gears & motor, then add in some more for piston/spring and fet (bearing spring guide etc....)

getting near £75 to £100 I reckon plus a weekend of careful assembly

test on 7.4v 25c min lipo and see how fast she cycles first - eg 30-ish can be achieved

on 11.1v expect nearly 50% more but going past 35rps - deffo 40rps you will need to shortstroke a 3rd tooth off I feel

this may drop fps a bit but a m120 & SS 2 teeth could still be putting you a smidge over 350fps if seals are perfect

Not that tricky but it must be done very well to get 30+ rps and last a while

Sigh - at a guess coz not that sad to run it through sound/wave tester like audio city thingy majig.....

33rps to 35 max on Single Sector Gear - not a dsg coz barrel is way past 250mm limit

(they say up to 300mm barrels but imho it is 250 as in ak74, g36c & short M4 dsg builds)

gears are GOOD 12:1 or 13:1 most likely, unlikely to be using Riot's 10:1 set @ $100 or £100 a set

SHS Gen 4 or ak2m4's core 13:1 are doing well in some of mine

good decent neodym motor & being yanks running 11.1v most likely

you can get close to this 30 to 33 on 7.4v if you use mofo 16 to 14awg wire and a bloody good torquey fast motor

Lonex A1 or a BD M160 - maybe SHS torque is a cheaper easy to get option

YOU WILL NEED A MOSFET EVEN ON 7.4V - if done with M120 & SS two teeth a normal fet will be fine

in fact the box must be built with ultra mega care at the very very best you can possible build to - really

proper sorbothane, AoE or piston will just snap clean off - it WILL btw

a decent robust piston with 3 to 7 full metal teeth - all metal is optional but another area you will must do:

Shortstroke 2 teeth off back of piston and fit a m115 or m120 spring or Pre Engagement WILL happen on 30+ rps builds

2 teeth off the START or first couple teeth of sector gear - NOT BACK OFF SECTOR

(back off piston's metal teeth - must have 1 metal tooth min left on piston and start of sector - take it off the back and tappet timing goes pear shape)

would add delay clip to sector gear to assist with feeding - fit it correct way round, shs metal delay is what I use

They built that using bearings which helps it run freely but I would not use bearings on sector gear as this turns slower under stain of piston

LCT I think use bearings on bevel & spur but solid bushings on sector

me - I have started to test out bushings mostly especially on sector but have used 8mm bearings on top/left side of gearbox for bevel/spur

checking that runs quite smooth & free but bearings can/will fail before bushings so shimmimg must be bang on to prolong the life

In fact the whole box is gonna have a shorter life than a 20rps box generally speaking as it is have the life knocked out of it more

Another factor even with box running very very well - you will probably find a number of your mags may not feed very well

most likely very good high caps like Lonex or good mid caps like ASG will be required to feed at 30+rps

You WILL need to shortstroke & use a slightly higher spring

best gearbox build you can ever possibly do and have good decent mags

20 to 24rps is max you can go with m100 full stroke - or she double cylcles and would need AB fet

but 30rps on m100 you will very likely get PE or be on the absolute limit sailing so close to the wind

parts wise it is about £50+ for gears & motor, then add in some more for piston/spring and fet (bearing spring guide etc....)

getting near £75 to £100 I reckon plus a weekend of careful assembly

test on 7.4v 25c min lipo and see how fast she cycles first - eg 30-ish can be achieved

on 11.1v expect nearly 50% more but going past 35rps - deffo 40rps you will need to shortstroke a 3rd tooth off I feel

this may drop fps a bit but a m120 & SS 2 teeth could still be putting you a smidge over 350fps if seals are perfect

Not that tricky but it must be done very well to get 30+ rps and last a while

thanks so much mate, must of took you ages to write that lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.