Multicam ammo pouch covers

Randymanpipe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Yall,

I'm currently in the process of pimping my assault vest and have removable ammo pouch covers. I would like to change the current plain green ones for multicam. Any of you fine folks know if this is something you can get? I can only find fixed molle ammo pouches with fixed covers.

Just wondered if any of you use anything suitable?

Thanks in advance.

RMP

There are 3 rifle ammo pouches located lower RHS and 3 pistol pouches upper left. The pouch bodies are sewn to the vest with the flaps/covers fixed to pouch with velcrow. I'll see if I can attach pics to show what I mean.

See pics below

post-11797-0-74473300-1438972628_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-60646000-1438972671_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

If they are stitched to the vest there is probably very little you can do to change the look of it other than maybe spray paint/stitch material over the top, but spray paint would probably be easier.

If the pouches are removable then you can change them but it doesn't sound from your description that you can.

Nick, my understanding from the description is that the pouches are fixed, but the flap overs which secure the contents are affixed by velcro alone.

• Supporters

ah I getcha, but I've never seen other replacement ones of those. If it was me I might be tempted to make another set in whatever colour. Kinda depends on if you are handy with a sewing machine.

I'm not but the mother-in-law is amazing! As they are detachable I could send them down to her to manufacture. Just need to get me hands on some thick multicam material then? #headscratch

Noooo! This is a fairly new load out, just tweeking it! I'll post some pics up of the end result. Fingers crossed my mother in law can produce the goods! B)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.