Recommend me a pistol please!

Serratus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sorry for the noob question!

My son is 15 and skirmishes regularly. I want to get him a new pistol as a present; he has a Kimber warrior already but as it's all metal it's really heavy and a bit unwieldy, so I want to get him something a bit lighter. It'll have to be two-toned because of his age.

So my budget is somewhere around £150, and I'd like to get him a second mag at the same time.

I'm thinking of a TM Glock 17 or 18c.

Is this a decent idea, or is there something else that you guys would recommend?

If you can recommend where to buy from as well, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance :)

I had the same problem with my son (13) I bought him an aep. No need to mess round with gas mid game, mags are cheap and available in 100 round (£12) the gun it is only £56 with charger, battery and speed loader. I liked it so much we now have 3.

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/asg-glock-18c-electric-airsoft-pistol.htm#.VcOz1T29LCQ

Do not buy a kjw m9!

Honestly, I'd say go with your idea of a TM G17. Being a bit simpler to operate and handle, it may be better suited to your son as you've pointed out his issue with 'unwieldlyness'. Regardless, as others have said, you can't go wrong with any TM, really.

Thanks so much for all the advice so far everyone :)

Sounds like a TM G17 would be a good choice. Can I just have a few opinions on the WE pistols?

I put that link earlier to the WE GBB XDM Compact 3.8, which is only £105 and comes with two mags - is that nowhere near as good as the TM pistols?

Less cost would be good, but if spending a bit more get's him something that will last him a lot longer then I'd rather do that :)

Thanks again everyone!

Consider the TM G18 too, could be more fun, but probably less practical.

TM made the original designs for many airsoft guns, and when other's copy them, they get the balance 'off' by changing materials and other aspects of the systems, TM guns are worth the money, unless the cheaper guns have something specific you desire - other than being cheaper.

• Supporters

Ooooo now I've seen the TM HK45 which looks cool - anyone got one?

Yup.

• Supporters

They're spendy though. Mine was £160 with one mag.

And nobody seems to have spare mags in stock....

• Supporters

Could of been worse at least you got yours.

True....

I have ordered an extra mag from them now though so thanks for the heads up!

• Supporters

You like it? Is it as good as the TM Glock's? Looks very cool!

Difficult for me to comment on that because (as is well documented here) I really don't like Glocks.

I literally got it yesterday so I haven't had a chance to use it in anger but it feels great in the hand (I have big hands) and is a nice weight. Well put together as with all TMs. It's much bigger in the hand than a Glock though so if that's a game changer then it may not be for you.

• Supporters

You like it? Is it as good as the TM Glock's? Looks very cool!

Someone who is a martial at a site I play at is really into pistols and he recommended the HK45. He reckons its the best pistol out and I trust him. As Loz says it feels really good in the hand and like him I find the glocks a bit uncomfortable. Its really personal preference mainly.

I love pistols and have quite a few.

If you are looking for compact and light (assuming your son is not huge in the way that some 15 year olds can be), I'd go for the TM. There are a few compact pistols but I would suggest one of the Glocks or the S&W. I've got the latter (hate Glocks styling - sorry) and its ideal for a youngster.

Unfortunately it sounds like you are being seduced by different modern styling and thats really understandable - buying pistols is a bit like buying shoes. I love the H&K and have a USP which is one of my favourites. They are quite big though - obviously a TM wont be heavy.

I've just ordered a WE M9 and its big and heavy which I love - totally unsuitable for your son I suspect.

I agree with the others - TM Glock (providing you like the styling).

Well, he is pretty much as tall as I am and does have quite big hands so I reckon he'd be fine - the unwieldiness is more when it's in a holster, etc, because his current pistol is about 1.3kg so it bounces around loads when he runs, etc!! The TM pistols seem to be more like around 7-800g which will feel a lot lighter (I think).......

Hmm, I'm not sure what the holster is, although it definitely doesn't fit the pistol so that's something that could be better. But that is just one reason for getting him something else - I know he'll like getting another pistol and if I can get him a decent TM then he'll be over the moon with it (I think!!lol)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.