TOKYO MARUI VSR 10 UPGRADES?

Rjjgutt88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi i bought a vsr 10 by tokyo marui a few months ago and im not really happy with the fps output with it so bought a spring to install in to it but i was told that i need to replace other parts as well. so i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or know anywhere were i can get any?

• Supporters

Unfortunately TM crimp the cylinders together, so more than likely it will need replacing, also the standard 45degree triggers cannot handle that much power.

You can either go to ASPUK or AirsoftPro for the bits (airsoft pro is cheaper)

• Supporters

As for parts you may need the following:-

Cylinder

Cylinder head

90degree trigger

Piston for above

Spring guide

Say a m150 spring (somewhere near 500fps on 0.2's)

Add to that Optional parts, such as either a new hop arm or action army hop chamber maybe a new hop rubber

I bought my vsr about 6month ago and my cylinder wasn't crimped, so check that first.

I got my upgrades from aspuk, and they were awesome. I got the 90degree ez trigger, spring, piston and danger works type b hop arm. It's best upgrade to this if you want to lift bb's 0.36 or more, as the standard arm is a bit weak for this.

It's now shooting lasers and really consistent.

• Supporters

This gives you a good idea of what you need to upgrade for better reliability:

http://novritsch.com/shop/vsr-10-tuning-kit/

There's a vid on how to install it all too.

Novritsch is a great sniper, and youtube'r ... but he is over charging for EDGI custom works parts (look them up on face book), and the standard 45degree trigger, dont last

^ Yes sorry Sp00n has made a good point. I wasn't recommending you buy the Norvitsch kits. I think they are overpriced. But it's a good idea of what upgrades to think about when sourcing them yourself.

The kit direct from EdGi is currently £200 inc shipping which includes an uprated Trigger not in the Norvitsch kits ( IIRC)

Well worth looking into if that's the kit you go for.

Thanks to all but i bought the bar version yesterday as its 500 fps out of the box thats 300 more than so called best tokyo marui. But i will also upgrade it.

Too bad it's not the FPS that counts.

This. I run a 300 fps bolt in my rifle when I fancy a challenge at a CQB site or want to be really quiet at a woodland site. As long as your hop is set correctly you can still be pretty effective with a lower fps rifle.

Added bonus you have no minimum engagement distance on a sub 350 fps set up. Can be very handy if spotted.

Edit: Plus with a weaker spring you can cycle the bolt faster/easier. Very useful for quick follow up shots.

• Supporters

I bought my vsr about 6month ago and my cylinder wasn't crimped, so check that first.

I got my upgrades from aspuk, and they were awesome. I got the 90degree ez trigger, spring, piston and danger works type b hop arm. It's best upgrade to this if you want to lift bb's 0.36 or more, as the standard arm is a bit weak for this.

It's now shooting lasers and really consistent.

you are indeed correct, my g-spec which arrived the other day, its cylinder is pinned, and not crimped.

looks like TM have stopped crimping

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.