moulding holsters

airsofter2015

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have read somewhere that you can heat your holster and put your gun in it to mould it to the shape of the gun so it will fit as i want to do it so i can fit my kwa G17 in it. Thanks.

Basically you use kydex it's a thermo mouldable plastic, stick it in the oven at the right temp, lay it over said pistol and mould it...

Google kydex moulding you'll find everything you need to know.

I was looking at that but what i was thinking was just heat up a fobus holster a bit and put the gun in so it makes the holster a bit wider rather than sanding it down.

Yea. Just give it a good blast with a hair dryer then with a thin cloth or handkerchief wrapped over the slide, press the pistol in and force the holster wider

Try putting it in very hot water, you'll get a better distribution of heat without the chance of destroying it. Disclaimer: use tongs and gloves etc to stop burning yourself.

I did that exact thing to my Glock holster as it was tight on the slide

I heated up the peaked part with a blow lamp about 2" away, once it was warm enough, while wearing gloves I held it in the new position for about 2 minutes & it held the new shape

• Supporters

Thermoplastics can be remoulded, thermosetting plastics cannot. If the Fobus plastic feels pliable then you should be able to re-form it to a degree. I would suggest heating it in boiling (or at least very hot) water - CAREFULLY!!! - then inserting the gun wrapped in either a bag or clingfilm to adjust it to size then plung the whole thing into cold water to re-set the plastic (hence the bag/cling film).

I thought KWA fitted genuine holsters and it was only TM and clones that didn't?

The TM fits the glock 21 + torch holster.

The 19 needs about 8mm extra so won't remould but can be shimmed and re riveted.

Cheap Chinese holsters can be remoulded. I put mine in a low oven for 10 min and then put the gun in and let it cool around it.

If you want to just buy a Kydex holster, I strongly recommend

http://www.phoenixtacticalgear.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

You can buy one of Tito's holsters via Airsoft world but It's actually cheaper to buy direct! I think they even do free Euro shipping now.

I thought KWA fitted genuine holsters and it was only TM and clones that didn't?

In my experience, TM pistols fit Fobus holsters perfectly without needing any adjustment.

So after getting my we G19 i can confirm the method used by putting the holster in the oven http://www.airsoftkb.com/?p=1675 does work as i have tried it just before.

The pistol know actually fits in the holster. yay :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.