the things you find......

R34V3R

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

We have all been there, so much kit that its just hanging round your house/flat like the smell from last nights alcohol induced kebab farts. In a fit of "Oh my sweet lord cthulu where am i gonna stash all this" when you realise your significant other/mother/landlord is coming round that you throw it everywhere just to hide it (Note: trying to disguise a hicapa 4.3 by trying to bribe the cat to sit on it doesnt work). Weeks/months go by and you start finding remnants of your beloved hobby all over the place, a cleverly concealed group of bb's have just destroyed your hoover, you find a pistol mag in the microwave and then lo and behold you find a gun/pouch/plate carrier you havent seen in months, buried amongst last months pile of dirty underwear thats still good for another week, and you rejoice.

Pointless post maybe but as ive just found the wreck of a vfc hk416 from like a year ago i wondered whats the weirdest thing you have found and where?

Reaver

I found a big old British penny from 1942 on a fibua village up north, I taped it to my dog tags & still have it all in a little lock box

I'd so love to know who the soldier that dropped it was but that'll never happen

• Supporters

Cats and gunbags, you have a nice comfy bed, get off my sodding Holo sight!

I found an allen key inside a tub of butter once, guess it's similar dimensions to the tub i put my airsoft tools in, but still a big autopilot failure as was in the fridge. The best autopilot failure i ever saw was someone who'd passed out drunk an hour or so earlier stagger down-stairs, walk into the kitchen and up to a chair, tilt the chair back on two legs, piss on the floor underneath it, tilt the chair back to standing and then stagger back upstairs (unwoken by the cries of WTF from housemates)

I found a single pink high-heal shoe in a corner at The Mall once. I asked if there'd been anyone wearing them as a joke, or one worn at a zombie event or similar and marshals said they couldn't remember a single time someone had worn heals there and certainly not recently. (my guess therefor it being a lucky charm or left by someone who broke in to explore/whore/inject the night before)

A friend of mine found a rusted dagger on the bank of the Rhine in Berlin when we were kids, on inspection a decade or so later it turned out to be one of the more ornate/original ones dished out to the first batch of Hitler youth/SS, rather than the plainer ones handed out en mass. Was either where some Nazi met his end, accidentally dropped or decided it wasn't best to appear a dedicated Nazi anymore and chucked it in. Same friend also found his long lost first airsoft pistol buried in his parents garden. Turned out his mum had thought it was a real gun due to looking nothing like his airgun pistol and had 'disposed' of it to protect him.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.