Fresh meat reporting in from East Hampshire!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I better introduce myself before going off posting on various threads.

Iv only recently been introduced to the sport, and quite frankly baffled how I have never come across it before!

Iv had my first skirmish down at Ucap Greenops and had such a great time. Was a bit intimidating being dumped on a team of virtually all rental noobs against heavily kitted out regulars but we held our own.

Can't wait to go again in 3 weeks. I would imagine the experience flies very close to online gaming. Once you have established yourself with a regular bunch of players I'm sure the banter and laughs will be as much of the fun as the plastic death!

I'd love to go every weekend but with a young family and work commitments will limit me to once a month.

With so much cool kit to buy. Iv already got my eye on a HK 416 for when I get my RIF licence.

Anyway, I'm off to surf the message boards, just thought I'd say hi!

All the best

Greg

• Supporters

Welcome m8 and yes we all regret not getting into playing peew peew with toy guns sooner....

Sort of a bit COD-like except one shot kill

And us older players quickly realise we ain't gonna mantle and dolphin dive through windows dropping to prone quite as easy as we first thought like them games

Truth be told I just sweat buckets in mid winter thinking about rushing around.

Keeps ya fit or knackered in my case

Great fun whatever level you play at

Must admit I was fooked come 4pm, I did find myself walking a lot rather than running back to/from spawn. I'll leave all that to the young'ns ;) I did find it chaotic to start, nobody really worked together. Not much communication, but in the last hour or so I stumbled on some more senior players who worked a bit more tactically and methodically, seemed to make a lot more progress working in a squad. I guess I'll just need to pick the players I follow into battle a bit more carefully next time! :P

Welcome to the group Greg.

We run our games at our site at Eversley near Farnborough.

The main reason for airsoft is the craic.

We camp out for the weekend war with lots of big boys toys including vehicles, RPGs and props and have a campfire on the Saturday night with a few beers and high jinks.

Taken in the right spirit, Airsoft is a medium for a lot of fun with good mates and camaraderie.

Hi everyone, Just thought I better introduce myself before going off posting on various threads. Iv only recently been introduced to the sport, and quite frankly baffled how I have never come across it before! Iv had my first skirmish down at Ucap Greenops and had such a great time. Was a bit intimidating being dumped on a team of virtually all rental noobs against heavily kitted out regulars but we held our own. Can't wait to go again in 3 weeks. I would imagine the experience flies very close to online gaming. Once you have established yourself with a regular bunch of players I'm sure the banter and laughs will be as much of the fun as the plastic death! I'd love to go every weekend but with a young family and work commitments will limit me to once a month. With so much cool kit to buy. Iv already got my eye on a HK 416 for when I get my RIF licence. Anyway, I'm off to surf the message boards, just thought I'd say hi! All the best Greg

Welcome to the forums and the world of airsoft.

Just one, little, tiny, niggle... you don't need a licence to buy a RIF, UKARA is a way to prove you have a defence to the Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA) 2006 :)

Hey Welcome Randy. I guess you're pretty close to where I am (Woking). I was down at UCAP GreenOps weekend just gone actually. Big turnout that day. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Mall in Reading yet which should be reachable for you.

Have fun shopping for stuff!

Hey pasty,

Yea really enjoyed it this weekend. Good quality games and teams. Only a few bullet proof rentals.

What side were you on? Banded or unbanded??

Banded= the enemy! :P

Really like the sound of the mall, might have to make the trip there once the weather starts to change. I'm based only 3 miles from greenops so reading would be a bit of a trek.

Im in southampton and we whent to the mall a few weeks back. Well worth the trek tbh. Ucap bunker is also worth a visit fown in portsmouth.

Was a lot of mumbling about a new Ucap CQB site due for reveal in portsmouth very soon shortman, which is great news as it only takes me 30mins to get to pompey! :D

Yea i too have heard mumbles of a new ucap site coming soon. Shout me if you ever head to bunker as im also only 20-30 mins away. I need to get to green ops soon too.

Was a lot of mumbling about a new Ucap CQB site due for reveal in portsmouth very soon shortman, which is great news as it only takes me 30mins to get to pompey! :D

From what I've seen so far sounds like it might be in the South East instead, especially as the Pit is being developed on now.

Still open atm, not gonna close for a while. Think Ucap had it on a 4-5yr agreement. I'm sure the new CQB site is in Portsmouth *wink wink*

• Head Moderator

Welcome. As a new player I have only experienced the UCAP Bunker (I will be down there in the darkness tonight) but I want to try the other two UCAP sites of Woodland and Sandpit. I will have to ask tonight to see if I can get any information on whether there is a new CQB place to get Up Close And Personal.

Green ops only 30mins up A3 jedi, really good little woodland site. Really nice marshals only £20 for full day walk on! Bargain! Get involved! :D

• Head Moderator

I plan to go there but like many older players I have to fit in work and family commitments. I will be getting my first RIF (once I find a UK retailer that has one in stock) in the next few weeks so definitely want to try some different sites to try it out.

On that note, make sure you choose a weapon that suits the environment you play most. Short compact high rate of fire for indoors or longer barrel with x4 optics for outdoors.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.