Marshals

Standbystandby

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The majority arnt that bad. But the mini hitlers make the day a total waste of time. I , like most of is, play for fun, FUN. Not to stick the the realism of real engagement as closely as possible.

Off topic; if I hear one more person say " I was in the marines for x years " when you explain to them it's only a bit off fun, I will slap them silly.

Any one who has been in the armed forces and not been a cook and bottle washer (not that there is anythin wrong with that) will leave what they did where it happened. Don't believe everyone who tells you there a post/milk man.

Good to hear your views guys. I won't mention the site as I feel it would be unfair to do so as I don't think the marshal on my last game was a true reflection of the sites values. But I saw a young player getting shouted at for a very small error of judgement , well when I say shouted at called an number of expletives in an extremely aggressive manor. I saw this lad get dropped of by his mother at the start of the day and he was polite and if anything shy. I truly think this lad would never go airsofting again if it hadn't been for a group of very experienced players then taking him under their wing...awesome to see! ( may even be members here, if so spot on lads!)

Marshals play a very important role in the game day from how it flows to punishing cheats. I have and others have had it where the marshal has been very biased towards one player because the other is a site regular/member and he sometimes puts a high vis on 👎🏻 on the flip side ive been to sites where the marshals are firm but fair up for a laugh and are doing their job and i have had a great day

One site I don't tend to go to as much anymore because the Marshalls haven't done enough to wipe out the cheats. I've witnessed non hit taking, unsporting behaviour like someone thinking it's funny to repeatedly shoot a dead player. Where as another site I'm a regular at the Marshalls are spot on and won't stand for any knobs but are also very fair.

I'm one of the Marshal's at The Gaol CQB site - we always try and have as many marshals per game day as possible, normally 8-9+ and make sure we have enough time before each game to brief the players as a whole an as teams so they are clear on what eneds to be cahvied.

We also make sure to have 'roaming' marshals as well as marshals posted at known 'choke' points or points where play can get very close and painful.

We are very hot on cheating and will give warnings / cool downs out of game.

We temp banned 2 players the other week (6 weeks) for non sportsman like behaviour and have said if it happens again then its a perm ban.

We also always try to pick up BFG's and the like so that players wont lose them or take time out their day looking for them and more importantly...also stop others pocketing them.

However, yes, as stated before, Marshals can ruin a day / game / experience and we try our best to stop that happening :)

I've not had any problems with marshals other than being in the way, usually by mistake, a quick hit on them usually gets them to shift with out giving away a position haha

Plus where I play indoors if we all agree they let us have daft full auto cqb games which are hilarious fun

The ucap bunker is where i've played so far, and the marshals are brilliant. The site is pitch black and full auto everywhere but they still keep a handle on non-hit takers and stuff. They basically all like a laugh, and only get pissed off if they get shot to many times haha generally only gets pyro thrown at you though, makes for an interesting choice between getting got by the marshal or the enemy

• Supporters

As others have said marshaling really makes the difference. Biggest gripes for me are if they are blatantly not paying attention to a firefight right in front(once had two marshals chatting whilst two players very close to them wouldn't take their hits for instance) of them or think they can shout at you for minor infringements.

I'd heard people going on about how the marshals at Bluestreak get you to do press ups. Turns out they do it only to people who had mags in their gun in the safe zone or went into the game area without eye pro. It's all done in jest but hopefully the safety aspect sticks with people.

I still think more sites need to test shoot people though as standing right next to a load of players just tells any would be cheat to pack it in till they move on. The amount of times a player who possibly wasn't taking hits and lo and behold with a marshal within earshot suddenly does is considerable.

Not sure humiliation should ever be a punishment, particularly in a situation people did not give prior consent.

As airsoft sites have few other means of compelling people to do things, when it comes to enforcing one of the most fundamental safety rules-I say humiliation as described here is ok and appropriate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.