hard foam lower mask??

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any one trued one? Looks comfier than a lower mesh (which i hate wearing) but not sure if it will protect my teeth from am actual hit or is just a gimic like a neoprene lower (which sufocates you as you atempt to breath through it as you run) my issue is i like my ess v12's and hate lower mesh masks. I just want to be comfy and keep my teeth :( is it so much to ask in airsoft?

Yes I bought a couple from the far east in different camo and an ATV dust mask that offers some teeth protection.

The latter is the most comfortable.

Sweet, cheers dude, and both that and the hard foam masks offer an ok form of protection for the teeth?

• Supporters

Buddy of mine wears the hard foam mask. Works well for protection but you can't understand a word he says!

The ATV mask needs some additiinal inserts and modification.

The others offer protection as is but are rigid and not so comfortable. Look up Emerson.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__72740__Emerson_Neoprene_Hard_Foam_Half_Face_Mask_Multicam_.html

Sweet, cheers dude, and both that and the hard foam masks offer an ok form of protection for the teeth?

• Moderators

thanks for this, i too want to keep my teeth but not comfy with the mask i have, although also protects my ears.

as someone said, this area can take some time to get right, let me know how you get on with the masks :)

I actually did a tyrn around and now have a fast helmet with lower mesh connected. Best result so far but time will tell i guess

I use the Valken ear protectors with a mesh mask - they pretty much require a helmet, but it means that mouth/nostrils, eye sockets, ears and scalp are all covered.

They just hang on velcro from the top of the helmet and rest over the ears. Not remotely oppressive, and i've never been shot in the ear as a result.

• Moderators

I use the Valken ear protectors with a mesh mask - they pretty much require a helmet, but it means that mouth/nostrils, eye sockets, ears and scalp are all covered.

They just hang on velcro from the top of the helmet and rest over the ears. Not remotely oppressive, and i've never been shot in the ear as a result.

yeah they look good, just need a helmet now! :)

i found with the mask i have it was hard to look down the sights of the M4, so i was tempted to get a neoprene type face mask and goggles or use my nuprol mesh ones.....just trying to get a comfy look/fit

• Supporters

yeah they look good, just need a helmet now! :)

i found with the mask i have it was hard to look down the sights of the M4, so i was tempted to get a neoprene type face mask and goggles or use my nuprol mesh ones.....just trying to get a comfy look/fit

Most masks will give you problems getting a good cheek weld but the neoprene masks are three parts of F-all use for protection. The other option would be to use a riser with your weapon sight. Something like a T1 sight on a high rise will bring it up enough that you don't need to scrunch in quite so tight to use it. Or you could try changing your stock to something a bit slimmer like a Magpul CTR or MOE style.

That's one messed up quote :D

I just got a G&P T1 QD Red dot with medium/high riser and killflash, I was saddened to discover the kill flash only went on the front, and the default medium riser was the same as the iron sights. Still, I got the high one, and it seems to work, certainly better than the iron sights. Last game I played I shot plenty of people but I never used the iron sights, not even once (to shoot people at least, used the irons to find where the BBs went and then pivoted the gun as required).

I had one of those Emerson Neoprene things, it got a bit deformed during shipping so it was sorta bent to one side and looked a bit sh*t. Wouldn't fit very well anyway from what I remember, damaged or not.

To this day I've never found a comfortable, reliable / easy to wear piece of lower face pro and none of them have ever fit properly with goggles or glasses either.

The ATV mask looks like it'd work though, I've been looking for something like that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.