phone protection

danbristow91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

New to air soft and here. (Ish)

Question about phone cases or protection,

I normally need to carry my phone on me at all times incase I get called away or anything

But I can't imagine the screen on my s6 will stand up well to a hit

Anyone know of any relatively cheap way of protecting it while remaining functional

Phones insured but would rather not be paying that regularly

Would a neoprene sleeve be enough?

Just have the screen facing inwards to your body. Will be fine then. Or buy a cheap copy of a full sealed armour water tight style case. My mate bought one for about 10quid and he put his iphone in the water with it on. For a cheap copy was spot on.

Loss, over damage might be the biggest risk?

Whatever you get, be mindful that when you run, crouch and fall, it might find itself out of some places. And even if you call it after, a puddle of mud can be quite the ringtone insulator.

A good Lanyard might help mitigate this.

I keep mine in the car. Don't want people disturbing me while I'm pew pewing anyway.

This.

I keep it in my bag!

As others have said, have the screen facing you. Then I usually have my wallet in front of the phone.

I would love to leave mine in the car/bag but having kids means that you could be needed at any point.

Plus, how are you going to take a selfie with the Terminator if you have no phone!?

Leave it in the car. Give your other half the number of the site. That way they will only call if it's really important and not because you didn't walk the dog before you left to "play with your mates"

• Supporters

I do the same as lafta. Have a small GP pouch around the side/back of my rig and my phone (with a super tacticool magpul case) goes against my body with the screen facing inwards so the case is facing out. Wallet full of cards and coins (which itself is made of 1000D cordura) goes in front of phone. Been rocking that setup for at least 3 years or more now, never had any problem at all.

I'm sometimes on call myself but more importantly my main priority when playing is taking at least a few instagram selfies per game.

I regularly carry my phone around in my chest rig just in a neoprene case. So far its not been damaged but I also do make sure the glass is facing me and not the incoming BBs and it goes in there with a wallet which likely bares the brunt of the impact most of the time anyway. A pouch combined with neoprene I suspect would be sufficient but I wouldn't bet on it.

Stays locked in the car most of the time unless I'm expecting a call in which case I keep it in a shirt pocket under my chest rig/vest. Obviously with the screen facing my body. Also helps I have a cheap flip cover on it that is made of a very sturdy leather - unlikely to be broken by a BB.

If you are really worried about your phone getting damaged you could always buy a cheap pager - you can still get contract free pagers that are accessed via a mobile phone number for about £20 - £30 (this is a typical contract free pager, as found on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTOROLA-FLEX-PAGE-ONE-MICRO-NUMERIC-PAGER-COMPLETE-WITH-ACTIVE-NUMBER-/252038496943?hash=item3aaeaa42af )

You could carry the pager and either give out the number to family for emergency contact, or have the number as part of your voice mail message.

Leave your phone in a safe place and carry the pager on your person, and if the pager gets damaged / lost you haven't lost a huge amount of money. Plus, pagers are a lot more robust than mobile phones.

• Supporters

I keep my phone in an admin pouch on my chest rig. Screen facing inwards and set to silent (don't want text messages giving your position away).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.