M14 Scope mount and scope advice

Reece_Spurs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just a couple of questions, need a scope mount for my G&G M14 Vet. This is my gun http://www.evike.com/products/28217/

I've read G&G aren't compatible with other M14 makes mount wise, unless you want to drill a new hole etc, only place I can find in stock is here http://airsoftzone.co.uk/accessories/scope-mounts/scope-mount-for-gr14-m14-series-gng Now, i'm not fussed about the money, just wondered if this is actually the case with G&G only compatible with G&G accessories in this particular situation?

On top of that, I was really hoping to get a very good 4x Acog type scope, I don't want a dot sight or a 1x and I dont want more than 4x ideally, but really wondering if an acog scope would look right on this type of old school gun? Advice on a scope please guys?

Cheers.

I had a mount on mine which wasn't a G&G mount. I bought it second hand so I'm not entirely sure of brand but I believe it was CYMA?

As to the ACOG, the Yanks have used them on m14's in the GWOT. Looks good.

M-14_rifle_demonstration_cropped.jpeg

• Supporters

As far as what scope "looks right" on the M14 - it's been in active service for so long pretty much every scope known to man will have been mounted at some point or other! You want an ACOG, you fit an ACOG!

I have a G&G mount on my Marui M14, the shop I bought it from said it wouldn't be a straight fit but could be made to fit, basically its the relationship between the mounting hole on the side of the mount and the dovetail at the rear which varies slightly between makes. Had to file the dovetail on the mount to get a good fit and alignment. I find sticking a scope on a real wood M14 makes for a heavy gun though!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.