Drop leg holsters! Advice needed!

Kielnastra

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My old Viper Drop Leg holster broke on my during a skirmish yesterday so I need a new one and I was wondering if there are any better drop leg holsters than Viper? It also needs to be left handed.

Thanks,

Kielnastra.

• Supporters

get a Kydex holster made and mount it onto a Blackhawk drop leg panel.

i've made my own and already had the panel, really good. can't fault it.

• Supporters

If you want a soft textile style one then get a Blackhawk! Omega.

If you want a hard "tactical style" one either a Serpa or a Safariland.

The best piece of advice I would give about drop legs though is this - it's not supposed to hang around your knees. So many people complain they flap about or don't work properly but they just haven't adjusted them properly. Ideally it wants to be nearer your hip, high up on your thigh.

depends how long you had that viper one for, if you rekon you had your money's worth out of it, get another one. if youd only had it a week, get the next one up.

On this forum, as with any forum, you have your elitists, who will advise you to get the most epensive brand you can afford, which is rarely what you actually need.

I'm interested in this thread as I've recently got a viper holster to fit my M11a1 and I am looking for a Molle leg rig to attach it to. Has anyone got any suggestions for around £20-30?

I'm still using the Blackhawk one that I painted desert cammo 8 years ago for work, it's tatty but still going strong, and that thing has been through everything, they work in the real world so for airsoft they are perfect

If I were looking for a leg rig for real steel, I would go for a Safariland, but I'm not spending US$200+ on a holster just for airsoft.

Blackhawk SERPA is still too expensive for my budget although I might stretch to the Omega 6.

Lets face it, in real steel terms, anything less than £60 is budget product, but what are peoples experiences with leg rigs under £60 in terms of mags being accidently released and scuff damage to the finish of the gun ??

Can anybody recommend a rig under £60 which holds the pistol securely, without damaging it or triggering its releases ??

P.S E.T.A - I'm not unduly worried about QD holsters - a second or so to unbutton retainers isn't going to make much difference to me.

i picked up a genuine Blackhawk drop leg (not a serpa) for less than £40 off ebay recently and its a quality bit of kit, holds my Fnx securely and i dont have to worry about it hitting the mag release or damaging it.

Thanks can only see a Molle based one for about £30 on there at the moment. Seems to be Blackhawk but cant identify the exact model. Looks like a molle pad thigh rig with a holster that attaches via quick release molle.

As an aside, anybody have any experience of the WE Nuprol holsters ?

Cheeky buggers suggest that WE pistols dont fit conventional holsters so you need to buy theirs.

• Supporters

As with pretty much every accessory 'WE' sell, it's just a chinese clone in a different box. So roll the dice as you see fit.

Whether any given pistol will fit is entirely dependant on the model in question. Some are true to the RS size, some are slightly off.

Yes but tneir inference is that if you buy the WE holster for their SIG226, then its made to measure and will fit whereas anything else is a gamble.

Just wondered if anybody had proved or disapproved the claim ?

• Supporters

Well, their inference is BS. It's ACM gear, it's never going to be guaranteed made-to-measure for anything, their tolerances are not that tight.

Everyone I've known who had a WE 226 said it was true to real size so it'd work in pretty much any holster, real or copy. The TM 226 is RS sizing spec and WE cloned that, so all real and clone holsters all work to the same dimensions.

I've got an IMI and a WE holster; had both a TM and until recently, a WE 226.

The WE 226 IS slightly larger than a TM and wouldn't fit in the IMI and other genuine holsters; it would only go in the Nuprol.

I have the warrior one and that is a good bit of kit has a catch will clicks through the trigger 'hole' then when you draw you press the plunger down at the same time and it releases it is adjustable to any pistol

• Supporters

The WE 226 IS slightly larger than a TM and wouldn't fit in the IMI and other genuine holsters; it would only go in the Nuprol.

Interesting, I'd seen different results before. Pretty weird for WE to make their Sig larger than the TM, can't see any up-side to doing so.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.