Things I wish I had known when I started....

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's true. The body wash is quite often vaunted as an effective tick and flea preventative for dogs. Makes you wonder what the hell's in it!

Some kind of embalming fluid!?

It's true. The body wash is quite often vaunted as an effective tick and flea preventative for dogs. Makes you wonder what the hell's in it!

The head Marshall at my regular site said about it so my mates wife has ordered 9 bottles for 5 of us :)

This isn't a myth peddled by the avon sales reps is it - like when the Cif stand in Aldi told me that Cif by the pallet load could also de-spider your garden, and leave it smelling lemon-fresh to boot?

• Supporters

Expect to be hit more than once even if your hand is in the Air and you are screaming "HIT!" Try not to swear too loudly folks, it's just a game.

Scenario (as a 1st time rental): Getting shot in the back of the neck by a loaded marshal as they check if your taking hits correctly.

Now: Watching and grinning as they do it to others.

Learnt: Not getting pissed off when shot up the ass from friendlies when pushed up, instead, giving advice... Well... Atleast trying not to get pissed off :D

• Supporters

This isn't a myth peddled by the avon sales reps is it - like when the Cif stand in Aldi told me that Cif by the pallet load could also de-spider your garden, and leave it smelling lemon-fresh to boot?

Seems not, see the link I posted.

Seconded for the Avon stuff. I use it to make a very effective fly repellent for my horse. Never thought of using it myself though...

• Supporters

Don't rely on a team mate to cover and get shot in the head from 2m away.

If you were referring to the other day..... I was a good 15 foot away your honour!

• Supporters

Wish I'd knew from the start that knowing nothing & having no interest in military terms doesnt make any differance.

I know nowt about military stuff & dont really have any interest in guns either, but this hobby is a good laugh & my son loves it. thats what hobbies are all about, fun.....sod the rest.

I also wish I'd known that there would be so many military try hards that would take you to task over whether or not MTP is better than multicam in british woodland between 3 and 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

I also wish I'd known that there would be so many military try hards that would take you to task over whether or not MTP is better than multicam in british woodland between 3 and 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Yeh I kind of always thought that was a big thing.....I just have given up trying to understand all that jazz. I never had the compulsion to join the military or kill anyone, guns are nasty things, but playing silly buggers with others is a good laugh and thats what I got into this for. If I keep that in mind I will never stray from that ideal.

I'm now back in DPM (Because its cheap) and basic kit. swapped all my OD stuff for some ATAC-AU (Because i like the colour) and will laugh at the leet operator wannabees, its a bunch of guys playing army. some will take it further than others because it's in their nature, I will always see these people as people with a compulsive streak, but I'll never be one of them.

Mountain biking taught me a valuable lesson, use what works & enjoy yourself, if you dont need it, dont buy it.

If you like kit & it makes you happy, go for it, but I've realised now that the fun is the reason to do something not elitism.

• Moderators

Mountain biking taught me a valuable lesson, use what works & enjoy yourself, if you dont need it, dont buy it.

If you like kit & it makes you happy, go for it, but I've realised now that the fun is the reason to do something not elitism.

i hear ya!

Ive learnt that from this forum that the underlining factor is 'its all about having fun, meeting new friends etc', some people you'll get on with, some you wont.....end of the day, its a little bb your firing at someone who may be wearing pink camo or the most upto date multimtpcamogromcam-fg....but still sticks out like a sore thumb!...because most of us are there for the enjoyment not trying to blend into a brcikwall!

On the subject of mountain biking/Airsoft.

the padded shorts do come into their own when you get pinged in the chubbilies !!!!!

I know that first hand

• Supporters

On the subject of mountain biking/Airsoft.

the padded shorts do come into their own when you get pinged in the chubbilies !!!!!

I know that first hand

Good thinking!

I've been wearing my Endura Humvee 3/4 MTB shirt for airsofting recently. It wicks well and because it's got a longer back it covers the old cleavage better when you're bending down!

Good thinking!

I've been wearing my Endura Humvee 3/4 MTB shirt for airsofting recently. It wicks well and because it's got a longer back it covers the old cleavage better when you're bending down!

Yeh I wear them for riding but the padded undershorts did save Captain Winky from being scalped once. I was stood after shouting hit & a bb hit me right on the helmet.

:unsure: Lucky I had the good sense to wear them.

• Moderators

Yeh I wear them for riding but the padded undershorts did save Captain Winky from being scalped once. I was stood after shouting hit & a bb hit me right on the helmet.

:unsure: Lucky I had the good sense to wear them.

so now i need padded pants and top! :rolleyes: haha

ok, slight change to look.....

• Supporters

I am more retro. A pair of Ron Hill tracksters with a football sock stuffed down the front. Intimidates the opposition and keeps the jewels safe.

Literally the most squaddie get up I can possibly imagine. I may have to dust mine off and break out the Silver shadows too!

so now i need padded pants and top! :rolleyes: haha

ok, slight change to look.....

These are the ones I have....High waist line & padded bum n happy bags. not flattering at all. Me & The Mrs calls them "Lurve me pants" although she looks better in them than I do.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCILFq4Xpo8cCFUTYGgodQ2UDdQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tredz.co.uk%2F.Endura-Mesh-Boxer-Padded-Undershort_44387.htm&ei=_GDLVYLXNsSwa8PKjagH&bvm=bv.99804247,d.d2s&psig=AFQjCNHsDN944auVTAaFTDzmH3gtLyP9UA&ust=1439478393601150

Dont stress by the way, you can get them cheaper than that silly price

• Moderators

These are the ones I have....High waist line & padded bum n happy bags. not flattering at all. Me & The Mrs calls them "Lurve me pants" although she looks better in them than I do.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCILFq4Xpo8cCFUTYGgodQ2UDdQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tredz.co.uk%2F.Endura-Mesh-Boxer-Padded-Undershort_44387.htm&ei=_GDLVYLXNsSwa8PKjagH&bvm=bv.99804247,d.d2s&psig=AFQjCNHsDN944auVTAaFTDzmH3gtLyP9UA&ust=1439478393601150

Dont stress by the way, you can get them cheaper than that silly price

haha, not stressing, can see myself turning up in a suit or armour a this rate!...... * ping *ping clunk

have wondered the 'what if shot there on a Saturday, my evening wont be as fun' haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.