Things I wish I had known when I started....

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In my first outdoor game, in which I could tell what was going on, rather than being in darkness, I observed no less than 8 instances of cheating or lack of basic knowledge (deadmendonttalk etc) of the rules over about 6 hours of gameplay.

That said I did not expect this, but its a really rewarding sensation to shoot someone, over and over and over (5 times I think hit, certainly flinched 3 times) before a marshal had them call it. Of course, I'm talking about 5 seconds in between each shot, not overkill.

My pal even heard a player encouraging others to ignore hits. It was 20v20, and i'd say less than half the players were adults.

The whole "dead men don't talk" rule... I agree with it 100% but no-one seems to follow it to the tee!

Just because people aren't "moving their mouth" doesn't mean you can continue to bloody use your hands and point, using flash lights, nodding/shaking their head or start doing the god damn YMCA!

The whole "dead men don't talk" rule... I agree with it 100% but no-one seems to follow it to the tee!

Just because people aren't "moving their mouth" doesn't mean you can continue to bloody use your hands and point, using flash lights, nodding/shaking their head or start doing the god damn YMCA!

I'll agree with that

Someone tried doing that to his team mate when I was stood behind him as he was crouched down, flashing his light

Luckily I got in first & tapped him on the shoulder with my pistol (which annoyed the cheater :) )

I told him I could put his name on the cheating bastard board

Never saw him attend anymore game days after that

I wish I knew what a kn*b I would sound every time I eplained what Airsoft was. Trying desperately to convince people it's not nerf! And ending up havin to say " it's like paintball but more tactical "

I would like it however if someone could change the name of our sport to somthin more masculin. Maybe a good start of a topic.

• Supporters

I wish I knew what a kn*b I would sound every time I eplained what Airsoft was. Trying desperately to convince people it's not nerf! And ending up havin to say " it's like paintball but more tactical "

I would like it however if someone could change the name of our sport to somthin more masculin. Maybe a good start of a topic.

change it to what though? solid balls ... light balls .... i got nothin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Supporters

If you are shooting at someone and they aren't taking the "hits"(especially 35/40+ metres) it's likely they are dispersing around them, you are out of range or you are a bad shot.

Even if you know someone is not taking their hits because you can see them bouncing off the player resist the urge to shout "take your hits!" - This is something that wasn't covered until I think the 3rd game I played to be fair. Now if it's at close range(i.e. indoor voice range) I'll politely say to the player that I have seen my shots hit them, or I will mention it to a marshal.

I learnt fairly quickly that calmly explaining to a marshal that you suspect a player wasn't taking their hits holds more weigh than essentially moaning about someone being a cheat. Likewise I have had people shout at me for not taking hits when the sound is BBs hitting a material neither my gear nor my body is made out of :rolleyes: , when I did actually get shot out I will mention to a marshal on the way to back to regen that I've been called for "not taking hits".

Bring as many spares as you can. Whether that's clothing, BBs, batteries or guns, if something you need fails you could be going home before lunch.

• Supporters

It is a tempting Aladdin's cave when you realise how big and varied the world of shopping online for airsoft kit is.

Which is why I have removed the eBay and Amazon App's from my phone.

Another mistake......

Having a small skull means things like face masks do not fit very well should have tried one on first, might have to buy a kids version of the half mask and possibly a kids tactical helmet ....... small brain big....

• Moderators

It is a tempting Aladdin's cave when you realise how big and varied the world of shopping online for airsoft kit is.

Which is why I have removed the eBay and Amazon App's from my phone.

yeah i know what you mean.....

i am however looking to get some 'clothing' only from abroad then hopefully i will stop...for a while....children and wife do help as they need to be fed and watered! :)

• Moderators

Another mistake......

Having a small skull means things like face masks do not fit very well should have tried one on first, might have to buy a kids version of the half mask and possibly a kids tactical helmet ....... small brain big....

my son has a kids MTP outfit if you want it??..... :lol:

• Supporters

Another mistake......

When you say small are we talking witch doctor shrunken head style?post-10973-0-62520100-1438677658_thumb.jpeg

• Supporters

Well that's made me chuckle, Poor Brackish!

I think your head looks positively normal old boy, I have tiny girl hands so have to get Small Mechanixs gloves so I kind of sympathise.

Back on topic, cheap clones and blatant rip off's..... Never seen such behaviour in other industries!

Things I wish I had known before I started or when I was new:

1. "There's a good reason why some guns are priced at £50 and others are priced over £100." Yeah that Double Eagle G36C didn't buy itself... luckily I also brought a Double Eagle M56B shotgun at the same time.

2. "Just because someone is geared up to the eyes in special forces kit doesn't mean they're actually any good." First game surrounded by blokes in real steel kit - was more than a little intimidated till I realised I was having more fun than they were.

3. "Gloves." Self explanitary really.

4. "Why didn't I find this hobby earlier?!!!"

And finally...

5. "Rent guns first and THEN buy them once you have a UKARA number."

If you are shooting at someone and they aren't taking the "hits"(especially 35/40+ metres) it's likely they are dispersing around them, you are out of range or you are a bad shot.

Even if you know someone is not taking their hits because you can see them bouncing off the player resist the urge to shout "take your hits!" - This is something that wasn't covered until I think the 3rd game I played to be fair. Now if it's at close range(i.e. indoor voice range) I'll politely say to the player that I have seen my shots hit them, or I will mention it to a marshal.

I learnt fairly quickly that calmly explaining to a marshal that you suspect a player wasn't taking their hits holds more weigh than essentially moaning about someone being a cheat. Likewise I have had people shout at me for not taking hits when the sound is BBs hitting a material neither my gear nor my body is made out of :rolleyes: , when I did actually get shot out I will mention to a marshal on the way to back to regen that I've been called for "not taking hits".

Bring as many spares as you can. Whether that's clothing, BBs, batteries or guns, if something you need fails you could be going home before lunch.

Thanks for that tip (the second one) Esoterick, if a player calls me on hits I will let the marshals know.

I've watched enough Vids, and chatted about it sufficiently, to know that calling out suspected cheaters is no good, at TWA the people who did that got a bigger telling off than the cheaters. One of the marshals actually suspended a game to have a good shout. I also spoke calmly with marshals when I needed to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.