Things I wish I had known when I started....

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Basically my esteemed colleges this is for us to list what we wished we had known when we started out, be that kit that's a must or a odd skill you have learnt.

I start with the humble dump pouch and rifle sling, They make life so so much easier for just about any game situation.

Enjoy.

Don't assume that if you step out around a 90 degree corner that the guy around it 1 metre away wont shoot you more than once.

Got a bone bruise on my right pinky now. Stepped out, shot two guys in the chest and stood there like a lemon while they blasted me (both fired after I hit the 2nd guy), received 6 BBs straight to the pinky. I don't think they even felt their hits.

• Supporters

That sounds like pain and a half! I may have to invest in Midcaps that's for sure.

• Supporters

Don't say to the other half... "Oh I'll only go once this month.." and then go another 3 times...!

Possibly the best bit of advice yet!

• Moderators

Don't say to the other half... "Oh I'll only go once this month.." and then go another 3 times...!

i'll take that and keep it in my wallet!!

ive been told 'as long as you give me notice your going it will be ok'.............that will be once a year then!

hoping this topic will populate quicklly so im prepared sooner than later being new blood!

Like most wish i'd had a better knowledge of brands and the differences. I did as much research as i could and didn't do too bad for first gun - ICS M4 (metal new one) still was only a few months until i bought another gun i use regularly and the ICS got put back in the box

Wish i'd known my local site was shite and their shop run by a scammer (absolute airsoft)

Apart from that most of it you just have to try and see for yourself, or take the time to research

Perhaps that if you regularily go more than once a fortnight you end up with enough marks to looks like you got meth-rot or frequent the needle exchange

• Supporters

The biggest mistake i made was buying shed loads of gear i didnt need, then trying to run around in it.

Im all about the lightweight and practical now.

Same here, I'm now downsizing to a simple chest rig and dump pouch rather than a whole Assault vest filled with stuff I will never need.

As the old expression goes "Keep it simple, stupid!"

My first game with a two tone weapon i had a smock, opsrey mk4 with cummerbund full collar 60l bag camelbak 12 mags 6 double mag pouchs 3 grenade pouches 2 utility pouches battle belt, drop leg. Pistol, helmet etc i was sooo stupid.

Now my ENTIRE airsoft kit consists of a rifle, 2 hi caps. radio. Sawflys.

Dont even bother with camo, just jeans and t shirt. Occasionally wear a helmet with gopro on for a abit of filming. but yeah minimal to say the least and its 100000x more fun now.

Common newbie mistake for me. Bought a chest rig and its too much so that will be sold and a molle with just enough mag pouches, bb holder and water holder. Lucky for me you lot have helped me research about other gear and all I need is my defense and I will be set up till the 'SHINEY' bug kicks in lol.

• Supporters

Yeah the "Why didn't I do this sooner" haunts me, I guess I just didn't know about it.

It also surprised me how honest people are when playing, I was expecting cheating left right and centre.

I think for me it was wishing I knew how seriously people take it. The amount of times people have lost it at me for not following there orders and having fun is as long as my intestines.

That and sometimes the guns you love the look of are sometimes to be cautious of (well most of the time)

I wish I'd know that convincing my 13 year old son to start playing now means I have to buy two of everything!

Try having to buy 3 of everything as I've got 14 & 15 year old sons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.