Gloves, talk to me

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so for most things I spent my money wisely, but I foolishly bought some cheap gloves that are crap. I've got fairly big hands and I'm after some decent gloves that offer good protection especially to the finger joints (my fingers swell up a lot if I get hit). Does anyone have any recommendations?

Edit, are these any good?

http://uktactical.com/p-10210-mechanix-m-pact-gloves-woodland.aspx

• Root Admin

Mechanix. Love the vent ones because they're just thick enough to stop BBs hurting too much, but thin enough that they're not in the way. The range is brilliant though, and the originals are - as Raggedy says - tough as old boots. Not sure if Mechanix do talking gloves yet, however.

The M-Pact ones are bulky. If you have problems with getting hit in the hands all the time (and it really hurting) then they're a good option, but otherwise I'd get something slightly more slimline.

I usually take a couple pairs of Mechanix Original gloves with me.. they are probably the best fitting gloves also! Not too bulky, nice and light... super breathable too! :)

• Supporters

I have huge hands and I have Mechanix mpact gloves. Very comfortable, good fit especially on my thumb (big hands but fairly short fingers). I also have some helikon ones that are nice but not quite such a good fit.

Something to bear in mind though - the protection on tactical style gloves is designed to help stop you skinning your knuckles on walls and such and don't actually provide much impact resistance against bb hits. If that's what you need I would suggest you look at armoured paintball gloves.

I use mechanix gloves as well. Got two pairs, the Multicam ones for the winter and a set of fingerless I wear in the summer that make it a bit easier to handle the weapon (but I do get stung by nettles on the ends of the fingers a lot, and one broken finger from a BB hit).

All the mechanix love in this thread, I find them to be incredibly uncomfortable. 5.11 Tactical Scene One gloves for me :P

In what way are they uncomfortable buddy? Size, do they rub etc?

In what way are they uncomfortable buddy? Size, do they rub etc?

Irritatingly large internal seams on the Fast fit ones which over prolonged periods of use, cause blisters in annoying places (Finger tips and between fingers). Also incredibly bulky, so completely useless if you have a narrow trigger guard, unlike the 5.11's which have a narrow end on each glove for the trigger finger.

I use mechanix gloves, and the fit is fantastic. Not having bought a lot of gloves before, i actually found out how to measure for them on google and it worked a treat

Worth mentioning that I've cut the tip of the 1st finger and thumb off for ease of handling. I had to do a bit of girly sowing else they would have fallen apart.

RAP4 Fingerless Armoured Paintball Gloves

Cost me £4 and I've had them close to two years with some wear but still protect my hands as well as the day I bought them.

I'll also add that my Original Mechanix gloves were a fantastic piece of kit when I was in Syria, they never smelt, nor did they rip at all. Breathable to the absolute max! I even let a few Kurds try them on and they loved them!

• Moderators

yep, some good advice!,

i only have a pair of viper gloves, nothing special but they were just for 'protecting' my hands from debris ect more than hits...as i found out from abut 5m @ UA!!

• Supporters

yep, some good advice!,

i only have a pair of viper gloves, nothing special but they were just for 'protecting' my hands from debris ect more than hits...as i found out from abut 5m @ UA!!

5m? Try 2 feet! Get a lot of close in hand hits at the Mall due to the very CQB nature of the site. Nothing short of armoured gloves stops that hurting like a motherflipper!

• Supporters

5m? Try 2 feet! Get a lot of close in hand hits at the Mall due to the very CQB nature of the site. Nothing short of armoured gloves stops that hurting like a motherflipper!

Tell me about it even wearing a set of mechanix mpact covert gloves I still get my little finger fractured playing there.

• Moderators

yeah was first game, few of the other newbs with me just had general winter gloves, one had stuff he uses for paint ball...

ive learnt my lesson and will be investing a little more! haha

thank god ive got paid!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.