guns,lots of guns

Fatknees

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so does anybody else have an unhealthy obsession with buying airsoft guns or is it just me?

Current list:

Ics l86 a2

Army l85 a1

Ics m4 cqb

Krytac m4 spr

Jg mp5

Cyma mp5k

Trishot shotty

Tm 1911

Tm px4

We hi capa 3.8

We 7" dragon

Tremor grenade

Tornado grenade

Well, I share the obsession, but I've bought and then sold them *up until now*. I've finally got two guns which I am very, very happy with (primary and a secondary). Actually, more like 2 and a half guns... I keep buying parts so I will soon have 2 M4s, unintentionally. One thing I do notice though is that any money I get is gone in an instant! Always buying things for the guns.

But at least I've stopped buying/selling them (I must have had about 7 last month)

Can definitely vouch for the L86, excellent gun. Down side is with the bipod and a Susat scope attached, it becomes very heavy.

I love my l86 I don't use a scope just a carry handle and bipod, running 11.1 lipo with a fatmag lol

Trishots are brilliant (any brand will do), as are TM 1911s and PX4s.

I tend to use my 1911 more than my shotty, the px4 I brought 3 days ago so haven't tested it yet

Well, I share the obsession, but I've bought and then sold them *up until now*. I've finally got two guns which I am very, very happy with (primary and a secondary). Actually, more like 2 and a half guns... I keep buying parts so I will soon have 2 M4s, unintentionally. One thing I do notice though is that any money I get is gone in an instant! Always buying things for the guns.

But at least I've stopped buying/selling them (I must have had about 7 last month)

I have the same problem I get paid buy a new gun, sell some guns then replace the ones I just sold

I have the same problem I get paid buy a new gun, sell some guns then replace the ones I just sold

Exactly :D I don't have the money to keep them, so when I see something, I will sell it and buy the one I wanted. As I said though, I've reached what I want so I am pretty happy.

Only thing I want now is a Vector, but I won't be selling my guns this time!

Nope - I do not have any problem buying guns

except where to put/hide them....

Really sad people have more than just one of same saddo cheapo gun :blink::wacko::unsure:

Perfect time to share with us what you have in your collection!

• Supporters

ok 1 gun ONLY !!!!!

G&G FireHawk's = 7

3 x 1st run TopTech FireHawk's - stock as is though 1 has new better bucking

3 x regular FireHawk's with slower gearing - 1 has been around a bit lower, as receiver & box swapped about a lot in other G&G models

1 x HC05 DSG - tweaked to 40rps on 7.4v - still no semi coz G&G didn't do it right or use Riot/SHS/Modify gears

(not buying any more FH's - certainly not the dsg one)

yeah - got carried away on that one I know - but not saying any more.....

except 7 is not the record for same gun - see told you I was sad and need serious help

The problem I've got is I'm running out of places to hide my collection in the mancave/garage if only the wife knew how many guns I've really got.......

ok 1 gun ONLY !!!!!

G&G FireHawk's = 7

3 x 1st run TopTech FireHawk's - stock as is though 1 has new better bucking

3 x regular FireHawk's with slower gearing - 1 has been around a bit lower, as receiver & box swapped about a lot in other G&G models

1 x HC05 DSG - tweaked to 40rps on 7.4v - still no semi coz G&G didn't do it right or use Riot/SHS/Modify gears

(not buying any more FH's - certainly not the dsg one)

yeah - got carried away on that one I know - but not saying any more.....

except 7 is not the record for same gun - see told you I was sad and need serious help

Okay wait why do you have 7 of the same gun? Always wanted to use a FireHawk. I'd assume they're quite easy to hold (maybe even dual wield the buggers!).

Where do you keep them?

• Supporters

they are everywhere, most in my mancave - kids old playroom next to garage

most still in their box or have kept boxes so stacked up (high)

my son has his own little armoury in his room

(basically anything really good some how finds its way up there)

always a gun or two in bits as I keep changing my mind/options of what to use/try next

and yes I've always had this obsessive compulsion thingy

was numerous consoles - especially rare ones

then I had the notion buy another rare console to make it even more rare - f*ck sake get a grip duck !!!

yup - really have a problem - think I must have a female "shoe/bag" gene or something (well I can be a tart at times)

7 FH's - well it was the first RIF I bought after ukara and we both wanted one when we first saw it

so LWA ballsed up my order so Mack pointed me to Pro Airsoft and I bought 2 of them....

a while later Airsoft World had one left at a slightly cheaper price than others so bought that

Then after a good month at work and selling some consoles I thought lets buy 3 - yes 3 from Z1

thinking I might pop down there with a free skirmish voucher to offset against silly purchase

turns out those later 3 were the toned down version that fires slower than the original FH's - damn it

really like the TopTech original FH's but got 3 lesser FH's I later found out :(

still a nice gun but after that the novelty of the dinky m4 wore off so it was a silly daft purchase

only bought the hc05 coz I felt compelled to get the new one to see how good it is - not great btw

So with my luck on breaking things - which has improved a little btw

I still set my limit on any gun to £150 (dsg was £155 and think a mk18 was £155 but £150 from Airsoftworld)

I ain't good at this stuff - I really suck at it, but I like to break and mess with stuff

I wouldn't do that to a TM but then I probably wouldn't buy a TM coz I know I'd probably just make it worse

You haven't quite reached critical sanity level on guns yet, I've been moving house for my mate today, after doing a single van run of just kit and guns which have never all been out of the various hiding places all at the same time we counted 34 rifles and 11 pistols, his response was, 'hmmm, didn't think it was that many'

• Supporters

I stopped counting months ago - your friend is perfectly balanced and nothing to worry about

simply forgetting where he hid some of them isn't as bad as:

"I like that - let's buy loads of them" syndrome that I have suffered with most of my very sad life

• Supporters

The ideal number of guns is represented by the following equation:

X=n+1 where n is the number of guns you have and x is the number of guns you want.

• Supporters

The ideal number of guns is represented by the following equation:

X=n+1 where n is the number of guns you have and x is the number of guns you want.

replace the " 1 " with an unknown qty or wtf lets just put a simple " ? " in there instead

coz Mrs Duck just don't believe my:

"yup I know I said that was it - but this is the last gun I need to get"

underneath breath I mutter - well until next month or they release the newer mofo version

oooh that looks nice - stop it

• Supporters

The thing with no semi?

not exactly that no semi mofo is the dsg hc05 version

the FireHawk started to appear last April '14 - GiantKiwi got one of the first ones on here

they soon went straight out of stock but a new shipment came in July '14 - my ukara time

the very first ones had a different tactical grip and later ones August/September onwards a plain CM grip

turns out the first ones with Tactical grip had a TopTech sticker on box and fired fairly quick - not amazing but quite good for stock

later ones didn't seem to perform quite as good - yup close inspection revealed a normal regular sticker on gearbox as seen in magwell

on top of that these later std FH's had a 21:1 gear ratio so it was obvious they were firing slower than the first TT FH's

seems like G&G made the first lot to perform really well so it got great reviews maybe

or they thought best tone it down a bit to last but the TopTech one I still haven't busted open yet to check what is so Top Tech inside

both the regular FireHawk's work great on semi & full auto - nice cqb gun

it was when they launched the DSG version in April (was due to launch around Nov '14)

it said in manual no semi - which is daft as most cqb is semi only close up

think they deliberately avoided or changed the dsg gear with no semi cut off cams x 2 to avoid patent/copyright trouble with Riot

who originally created the DSG. SHS & Modify have made their clones of dsg's but they have semi cams on theirs but a slight different gear design

(avoiding direct infringement of copyright/patents)

G&G should of approached Riot - not cheap gears

or at very least got into partnership with SHS maybe - but they didn't and made their own

the first dsg's were very badly finished and I will not be buying another for sure

Only the HC05 DSG doesn't have semi-auto

other std FireHawks work fine in semi - just like a normal G&G Combat Machine

They are ok but also battery location in stock tube is a pain - nice stock on FH & GC16

often people install a black crane nunchuck stock on FH's or like most of out stuff a fixed stubby M4 to chuck in block batteries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.