TM High Cycle Vs TM Standard

Desert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, I'm doing research towards choosing my first RIF and I can't seem to find comprehensive information about the differences between TMs standard guns and the high cycle versions. Links at the bottom are to the standard G3 SAS and the G3 SAS High Cycle as an example in case you didn't know what i meant. Though I'm more interested in the MP5 than the G3.

The High cycles claim to be 25rps but I've struggled to find anywhere stating the rps of the standard version, I saw 13rps somewhere but it was posted many years ago. My other main question is is there any difference in the quality of the internal parts? Obviously the HC will use some different parts to achieve the higher RoF but are they any more durable? Or less durable? The G3s linked below have a £90 price difference and I don't know if this is because high speed parts cost more or if they are higher quality parts.

Any comments of the range of these guns would also be appreciated, I understand that TM have a great reputation for their out of the box set ups and in particular their "magic" hop ups but I don't know if this applies to the high cycle SMGs.

Thanks for your time

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-g3-sas-airsoft-gun-aeg

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-high-cycle-g3-sas-airsoft-gun-aeg

Good question, I can't say what the difference in terms of most of the internal parts and their durability - but I would expect similar performance from the HC to the rest of modern TM guns, as they will use the same hop unit / bucking.

This probably isn't very helpful, but I'll share my brief experience with these TM high cycles. Two of my friends have the G3 and swear by it, though they have only used them a handful of times thus far.

Another friend of mine has the Aug and the internals chewed themselves to pieces after two mags.

Like I said, not very helpful, but there it is.

Just a word of advice about TM magic: lots of their reputation/fans are from the old days when they were pretty much the one and only.. competition have caught up, they are still good thou.. yada yada, we all know I'm not a huge fan so that the advice for what it is.

Thanks for your replies, you've given me something to think about. I don't need such a high rate of fire, but if I was going to buy a TM MP5 i just thought why not get the high cycle? The thought of being excited to get my first rif and then having the internals wrecked before I even get to skirmish it isn't very appealing, though I've not seen any other people with similar stories.

Would I be better off looking at the ICS MP5 range? It seems they've been making them for years so surely must be making decent ones now. I've not really looked into them yet as was so focused on the TMs but the full metal bodies are definitely attractive

Cant comment on the TM's as I've never owned one, but I did have an ICS MP5 A5. Very solidly built externals, bit of stock wobble but nothing terrible, ICS internals are of a good standard as well.

Rate of fire on a 7.4 lipo was pretty respectable for a stock gun. Will do you well for a first gun and should last a good long time without being changed inside.

• Supporters

As your are considering your first RIF I personally would approach it as say your first car.....

yup if money was no object buy what you want, the reality is often we settle for something a little less than a BMW, Merc etc....

(you kinda get the idea whatever car floats your boat)

bet within 6 months - maybe 6 weeks - heck could be 6 days even you may even start to think....

Oh that new "thingy majig" I saw at my site looked nice & his m8 had a good "what-ya-ma-call-it" that was kicking ar$e too

buy what you like/want, they are still toy guns and you can make most guns cycle faster if you want to

it's fun but faster guns do tend to wear quicker - but that is the fun bit for me

Thanks for your replies, you've given me something to think about. I don't need such a high rate of fire, but if I was going to buy a TM MP5 i just thought why not get the high cycle? The thought of being excited to get my first rif and then having the internals wrecked before I even get to skirmish it isn't very appealing, though I've not seen any other people with similar stories.

Would I be better off looking at the ICS MP5 range? It seems they've been making them for years so surely must be making decent ones now. I've not really looked into them yet as was so focused on the TMs but the full metal bodies are definitely attractive

ICS tend to be solid. If you're looking for another real solid mp5, Classic Army B&T metal. Used mine (mp5k) as primary for ages, loved it and heard several people swear it's the best AEG out there (dont have a personal opinion on that matter btw).

ICS MP5 A5. Very solidly built externals, bit of stock wobble but nothing terrible,

Stocks (solid ones as well) do seem to be a weak point on airsoft mp5s.. I guess due to the design.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.