Everyone's thoughts on EA's Star Wars Battlefront (Complete with new game mode!)

RabidNinja64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah, somebody had to bring it up ;)

Either way, what's everyones thoughts on the upcoming Battlefie....I mean Battlefront?....*Totally Innocent*

I aint gonna lie, im an avid gamer, even in gaming college, but this, to me, is a little bit absurd.

No Space Battles

No Classes

Infinite Ammo (With reload animations)

32 player cap

No customisation (Hur Dur, but you can have a jetpack) Yeah, SO CAN EVERYONE ELSE!

Oh, and this new game mode we were all "Ecstatically" waiting for....10 aside TDM......Yeahh.

Overall, the "Game" which, in reality, should be the non-existant Dinosaur DLC everyone wanted 3 games earlier, would've been better like that....Nothing more than DLC content for BF4/Hardline instead of a copy and paste job with rearranged textures and soundbites from the 70's.

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, but I see EA getting another Gold Turd award......

• Supporters

I think it looks pretty good, never played the previous games so get to judge it on it's own merits.

I was pretty pissed off with DICE/EA over how BF4 launched but DICE has continued working on it, both on the technical issues and the balance side. Pretty impressive, especially as BF2 never had pretty gamebreaking issues it had resolved.

I'd say I would wait for the reviews but in all honesty I get as excited about games as I did 20 years ago.

Sure it might end up as a good, if not decent game, but its merely following the same BF narrative from a gameplay standpoint. Just feels like they're getting lazy (Not to a CoD level of horrendousness), but should the reviews paint the game in a positive light then i'll give it a shot. If not, ill go back to my star wars modded games :3

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.