SR25K Internal Upgrade Recommendations

Shadow Greywolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an A&K SR25K, it has a good range but the accuracy isn't the best.

I am looking to do a few upgrades to improve the Accuracy, and slightly up my FPS as am intending on using the heaviest weight bb's. I am also wanting it to be quiet when I fire it, to help remain hidden.

i would appreciate any help and advice on this.

Thank you in advance

What fps is it firing at currently? If it's already around the 350 mark on 0.2g bb's, do not increase the FPS to compensate for heavier ammo as that would be cheating, and just a daft thing to do for several reasons. That is unless it's been locked to semi auto to be used as a DMR.

I haven't been able to Chronograph it yet but it says 450fps out of the box but i know most aeg's dont shoot at what they say, it is locked to single shot only as im intending on using it as a DMR

The two I bought (TM & G&G) from different manufacturers and retailers both shot at exactly what they were supposed to.

in that case if mine was shooting at 450fps on .20s then with .43s it would be about half that? Which is why I am wanting to upgrade it

in that case if mine was shooting at 450fps on .20s then with .43s it would be about half that? Which is why I am wanting to upgrade it

See the table I linked above. It's not entirely accurate for comparing expectations, but its crystal clear on force. There is also a calculator at the top of this page under "app".

The velocity of the gun (FPS) and the weight of the BB (grams) are used to work out the muzzle force (joules) of the projectile.

Simply put, the FPS limits are set by choosing desirable SAFE muzzle force.

So:

If you chronograph a gun with 0.2g ammo you will get an FPS reading which will tell you the muzzle force in joules. If you increase the weight of the ammo the FPS reading will go down, but the muzzle force in joules will remain similar.

If you increase the power of the weapon, the FPS goes up, the joules go up. The weight of BB used is an irrelevant factor to making this point.

And most importantly when chronographed with 0.2g your gun will be considered unsafe on health and safety grounds - and if you don't get caught you will be (A) cheating, ( B ) dangerous, & ( C ) <expletive>. :P

The main thing i am wanting to do is improve the Accuracy not just the FPS, so its starting to go off topic, im looking for advice on upgrades, im not to bother about the FPS aspect at this moment in time

The main thing i am wanting to do is improve the Accuracy not just the FPS, so its starting to go off topic, im looking for advice on upgrades, im not to bother about the FPS aspect at this moment in time

Thats good!

But it's never off topic educating players on health and safety.

If you had said you wanted to up the FPS, that would have been a non issue, it is only something because you wanted to do it to keep up the FPS with heavier ammo - and if not me anyone would tell you the folly of that.

Welcome to the forum!

Note, you can do things to the gun to increase the FPS with heavier ammo, so long as the FPS with 0.2g does not exceed safety limits. But it is beyond my understanding to explain.

I'd start with cleaning the barrel, I think you should probably polish it too.

Silicone is commonly used but I've heard rubbing alcohol is preferable, except I don't know how to go about cleaning a barrel with the latter. Similarly you could also clean the existing hop bucking / rubber, with warm and soapy water (no silicone oil!)

I also know snipers wash their BBs the same way, I guess you could do the same for a DM and again, that should help a bit towards accuracy.

You could upgrade the barrel (prioritise quality over length & diameter) although buying a replacement hop unit and/or hop bucking will probably improve performance the most and may be cheaper than a new barrel as well. Look for quality manufacturers like Prometheus, G&G (Specifically the Green) and Tokyo Marui for the bucking. In terms of the former, ProWin CNC hop-ups are great.

Im aware of health and safety, i know heavier weight bb's dramatically reduce fps, which also means it wares the spring out quicker, resulting in a major drop in fps, which i dont want to happen, i would like to keep the fps at a decent level

Im aware of health and safety, i know heavier weight bb's dramatically reduce fps, which also means it wares the spring out quicker, resulting in a major drop in fps, which i dont want to happen, i would like to keep the fps at a decent level

But surely sites chrono with 0.2 ammo. If you chrono with heavier ammo then that is effectively cheating and endangering people with an overpowered weapon?

Or am I completely missing something here?

I'd start with cleaning the barrel, I think you should probably polish it too.

Silicone is commonly used but I've heard rubbing alcohol is preferable, except I don't know how to go about cleaning a barrel with the latter. Similarly you could also clean the existing hop bucking / rubber, with warm and soapy water (no silicone oil!)

I also know snipers wash their BBs the same way, I guess you could do the same for a DM and again, that should help a bit towards accuracy.

You could upgrade the barrel (prioritise quality over length & diameter) although buying a replacement hop unit and/or hop bucking will probably improve performance the most and may be cheaper than a new barrel as well. Look for quality manufacturers like Prometheus, G&G (Specifically the Green) and Tokyo Marui for the bucking. In terms of the former, ProWin CNC hop-ups are great.

thank you Airsoft_Mr B, I'll have to try those out and see if they help

But surely sites chrono with 0.2 ammo. If you chrono with heavier ammo then that is effectively cheating and endangering people with an overpowered weapon?

Or am I completely missing something here?

not all sites chrono with .20s, some do, whereas some ask what weight your using first

• Supporters

The Mall is the only site i've played at that makes you chrono with 0.20g BBs from their own stock.

Everywhere else has just calculated for me saying i'm using 0.25g BBs. Both have downsides really, the former not factoring potential joule creep and the latter taking a player's word for what weight they are actually using.

Personally I don't really care which method a site uses as any chronoing is better than not doing it and it's more or less impossible to eliminate the possibility of some bell end deliberately running a hot gun.

• Supporters

The Mall is the only site i've played at that makes you chrono with 0.20g BBs from their own stock.

Iron site does too.

• Supporters

They did a few weeks ago when I was there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.