British Military Surplus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anybody got any experience with www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk?

Looking to get kitted out for the first time, and there seems to be some really good, cheap stuff on there.

My only concern is the state of the items E.G Grade 1/2? I'm sure it can't be that worn, and the clothing should have been looked after. I'm mainly looking at tops, trousers and boots.

Thanks

• Supporters

Yep used them before and no problems.

There was a discussion on here a while back about military surplus grading and I can't remember the criteria. However I've bought stuff listed as grade 2 that's in perfect condition and in what looks like the original plastic bags it came in.

The only issue I've ever had with surplus kit was with a smock that looked like whoever owned it used a hot glue gun to stick their badges on. However that was from a now defunct supplier and the only way the quality was effected was it looked bad.

Long story short my experience is you can buy grade 2 gear and it will be perfectly wearable and in no way knackered, However grade 1 is either going to be new or in very good condition, it seems you can just sometimes pay a bit more for no discernible benefit.

One of my mates likes buying his surplus stuff from air shows as it can be even cheaper, it's just extra hassle to wait for one to come around and attend.

• Supporters

I have ordered from them twice. First was fine, the second time I ordered an UBAC and they sent a gigantic one. Then they tried to convince me that it was my fault (it wasn't) and it took quite a few emails to send me the correct one. I "just" had to pay for one extra postage even though they wrote the sizes wrong. But the quality of their stuff is great.

Yep used them before and no problems.

There was a discussion on here a while back about military surplus grading and I can't remember the criteria. However I've bought stuff listed as grade 2 that's in perfect condition and in what looks like the original plastic bags it came in.

The only issue I've ever had with surplus kit was with a smock that looked like whoever owned it used a hot glue gun to stick their badges on. However that was from a now defunct supplier and the only way the quality was effected was it looked bad.

Long story short my experience is you can buy grade 2 gear and it will be perfectly wearable and in no way knackered, However grade 1 is either going to be new or in very good condition, it seems you can just sometimes pay a bit more for no discernible benefit.

One of my mates likes buying his surplus stuff from air shows as it can be even cheaper, it's just extra hassle to wait for one to come around and attend.

Wow, thanks for such a detailed answer!

Some of the basic stuff looks too good to be true, thats why I was a little sceptical. (Plus they are based in Basildon, as an Essex boy I am naturally wary lol)

Has anybody got any experience with www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk?

Looking to get kitted out for the first time, and there seems to be some really good, cheap stuff on there.

My only concern is the state of the items E.G Grade 1/2? I'm sure it can't be that worn, and the clothing should have been looked after. I'm mainly looking at tops, trousers and boots.

Thanks

I literally had a delivery from them today. My 3rd time buying with them now. Grade 1 is listed as brand new or like brand new and grade 2 is listed and almost new with no rips or tears but the possibility of some slight discolouration etc. for the difference in the price, i just went with grade 1 and so far all has been fine. Delivery is basically next day depending on what time you order and its via dpd tracked courier, handy if nobody is in to take the parcel etc, you can plan your day around the estimated delivery time given. I would definitely recommend

I literally had a delivery from them today. My 3rd time buying with them now. Grade 1 is listed as brand new or like brand new and grade 2 is listed and almost new with no rips or tears but the possibility of some slight discolouration etc. for the difference in the price, i just went with grade 1 and so far all has been fine. Delivery is basically next day depending on what time you order and its via dpd tracked courier, handy if nobody is in to take the parcel etc, you can plan your day around the estimated delivery time given. I would definitely recommend

It really does sound too good to be true! I'll be looking like a weekend warrior in no time lol.

Thanks!

Had an order delivered from them 2 days ago with no problems. A couple of the items had clearly never been issued and a couple were used but as close to perfect as you'd expect for something described as grade 1. On the morning of the delivery they gave me an hour time slot for the delivery but I was going to be at work. I got them to leave the parcel at a safe location of my choice but also had the option to change the delivery day.

Thanks everybody!

If anyone is interested, I just received my order and I'm really impressed. Grade 1 shirt looks brand new (in packet), grade 1 trousers have been worn but i cannot seen any problems what so ever.

The best part is the grade 2 jungle boots, they look brand spanking new! All in all very happy, as others have mentioned delivery (DPD) was also great. I will use again.

The only problem I've found with them is the size of the damned packaging!

For two pairs of boots and a couple of T-shirts, they used a box the size of a medium-sized Fridge!

• 3 weeks later...

I've ordered from then and had no problems but I preferred the army surplus in Southend I've been using them for years and their airsofters as well so hold a little goodies as well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.