Bulldog gear - MTP/Muticam....

djben9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

hi guys,

rather than hijack other topics thought I best start a new one, did a search and nothing came up...although fairly rushed tonight as wife will be down soon and I need to post!!! haha

Anyone bought any of the Bulldog kit from UKMCPro or elsewhere?

curious as I was going to spend about £200 on some various items including plate carrier (with pouches, seemed a good deal?) but the MTP/Muticam part is confusing me slightly under the options as I believe there is a slight difference?. Im hoping as its all 'Bulldog' it will all look the same and its just the general 'colour' they use for the descriptions, so anything else I want to add in the future will need to be Bulldog?

Im under the impression the Bulldog kit is made to look more like British MTP than US Multicam?, has anyone any experience with the various types first hand?.....

thanks in advance

Hmm I'd want to see this plate carrier deal, cos you can get a Warrior Assault Systems DCS in genuine Multicam for £110 - and £160 with 5 mag pouches and two general purpose / utility pouches.

In fact...they had a sale on but I think it ended today! :( could have bought one with mag pouches for ~ £90

To me Bulldog MTC looks a lot more like Multicam than MTP, judging by this:

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Sky-Ops-Rucksack-42L-MTC-Bags/p/4/8/6582/

BUT on the other hand the PC I just looked at looks more like MTP

I don't think the quality will be as good as the Warrior DCS as it doesn't use printed / jacquard (woven) Multicam webbing, instead it's like the MOLLE found on brands like Condor

I have a BD multicam battle belt with mtp mag pouches on it.

It depends how much you care about your patterns matching, mtp is slightly darker where as the bulldog mc is a lighter, busier, sharper lined pattern.

Ive got about four different brands of multicam and mtp, for me the work fine, although i dont wear alot of camo as its redundant at airsoft ranges :)

• Moderators

cheers guys, i'll have a look around more

i was looking at this or this....not sure what diff is yet between mk1 and mk2 as not looked into it!....but also may go plain vest and camo accessories!

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Assault-MK1-Plate-Carrier-MTC-Military/p/4/3/190345/

http://www.ukmcpro.co.uk/Bulldog-Assault-MK2-Plate-Carrier-MTC-Military/p/4/3/190347/

still unsure what im wearing, plus my brother will probably want to use it, as i have a mix of stuff so may just go like a tramp and wear what suits on the day!, camo top half plain bottom half....

back to t'internet!

Mate.... Do not pay 130 quid for a bulldog vest. theres a clone of that vest on ebay for about 30 quid. Bulldog is very much an entry level brand. The quality control is not that good and workmanship isnt the best.

if youre going 1/2 camo 1/2 tan/black then make sure you go camo bottom 1/2. camo trousers tan/black top looks ok. black trousers with camo top half looks stupid.

But seriously though dont 130 for that vest. i didnt even pay 130 for mine and ive got a half decent one.

• Moderators

cheers guys, not done it!

awaiting an email from UKT about some vests, its the size im worried about but will see

got it, camo bottom, other colour top....tbh, it will prob be all out!!

I think ive seen the clone but i'll take a look anyway, little bro may want it

Why what size do you need? Im 5'3" and 11stone i wear medium t-shirts etc and my was ricas plate carrier is comfey as hell and sits sooo nice! My little bro is 5'9" and 17stone he wears an x-large t shirt and we adjusted my was plate carrier for him and it fit fine with plenty of adjustment left to go.

Warrior gear is epic quality! And the multicam matches very well to my pcs army surplus gear.

• Supporters

With that budget, definitely go Warrior over Bulldog. No question. Their new Recon PC has a lot of features that set it apart even from many of the much more expensive brands IMO.

• Moderators

cheers guys, crossed that off the list, now to look at the warrior range more in-depth while i have time....

that's what's good with the forum, been on many of various types, even some of the early airsoft ones (still got a kevlar helmet off some guy for some reason and some old vests in US woodland...not sure why haha!), you get advice from the masses! :), ok, you know what i mean but you get everyone's opinion to take in whether you want to hear it or not and that's good as it could save you a lot of stress and hassle down the line and helps* others :)!....plus i wanna make sure i get good value for money so need some advice from the pros!

my bro can go for the cheaper ones as he seems to borrow my stuff anyway..... :D

* spelling, it was early and im at work so in a rush!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.