Noobs and Milsims

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The guys love AKs.

There are all kinds together with some more unusual variations.

I have an AK103 and a Real Sword Type 56, which is not a Russian Kalashnikov at all.

Sounds awesome can't wait to Join the rebels. Need to buy an Ak next.

Sounds awesome can't wait to Join the rebels. Need to buy an Ak next.

Me neither, I need to get an AK aswell :)

Good morning all.

AKs arent compulsory. The rebels have a kind of special forces guerilla cell called Shadow Troop and the leader of ST rocks a Sterling SMG.

We also rent AKs for our games if you only need one for Okto games.

If you like AKs generally, its always worth joining our Kill Club community group on Facebook which not only covers our games but also spends a lot of time discussing eastern bloc weapons. Something was posted up just this morning about E&L kit.

Good morning all.

AKs arent compulsory. The rebels have a kind of special forces guerilla cell called Shadow Troop and the leader of ST rocks a Sterling SMG.

We also rent AKs for our games if you only need one for Okto games.

If you like AKs generally, its always worth joining our Kill Club community group on Facebook which not only covers our games but also spends a lot of time discussing eastern bloc weapons. Something was posted up just this morning about E&L kit.

I'm looking into the cyma Akmsu. As it looks like something different and I can also use it for cqb.

Ive just seen a milsim game advertised as a 35 hour game. Would you want to play airsoft for 35 hours straight and sleep in game with specs on?

Ive just seen a milsim game advertised as a 35 hour game. Would you want to play airsoft for 35 hours straight and sleep in game with specs on?

Can't quite comprehend wearing contacts for more than 12 hours tbh, 18 at a stretch with rehydration.

Yes, and theres quite a few others who also like it.

While there are a lot of milsimmers who like the long continuous games of 24 - 48 or even 72 hours sometimes, we accept that not everybody wants a game that long or intense. That is why we offer two continuous 8 hour games with a decent nights sleep in between.

Theres nothing wrong with either; its just customer choice.

The eight hours is where the Okto name comes from.

Our new Technical with a .50 cal AEG

11800316_1044507718906895_84297684202263

• Supporters

Yep, quite often do. Means you effectively get a long day game, then a night game and then another long day game afterwards, without any real break! Obviously everyone gets a bit of sleep, but not all at the same time :)

• Supporters

I haven't been on a two day game that would actually be two full game days. The first day is okay, the night is so-so, but the next day is absolutely crap. People are tired and many of them have just gone home.

Was speaking to my missus last night about Milsims..
I've never been to one. Obviously nor has she.

I'm interested in one, but my missus actually wants to tag along too (I'm eyeing a weekend away or something like as an excuse..!). The thing is she doesn't want to play, she wants to be part of a civilian population or something along the lines of that?

I looked at a few milsims all over the world a while back where they have civilians just walking around amongst the play... (Wearing eye protection of course)

Is there anything in this country that has such a thing?

Well, speaking like David Peterborough/Bill Oddie while the squad is sneaking, or standing up in the middle of a gunfight, or such and such. Cliché Vietnam Movie Military Journalists - clueless.

Or Guy with camera who calls hits just like everyone else.

These are not questions :P

Yes we can accommodate that. Get in touch.

Would she play a role, or just be milling around in a market/shopping area? Only plucking ideas I've seen from videos of milsims..!

Where do you host?

Usually civ pop assume a personality and role play that. We play at Eversley near Farnborough and its a weekend game. If its of interest, PM me as its probably not fair to derail the thread with details. However. to answer your original question, its possible for you both to come down for a weekend with you playing an active airsoft player role and her playing a civ pop non combatant roleplay character during the game.

• Supporters

If you are after something a bit different and more on the LARP end of the spectrum, Gunman do a running series called flying lead, its wild west themed, not much shooting its way over on the role play side but looks like a giggle. Although I'm not sure I could pull it off. They also have did a WWII game based loosely on allo'allo with French civ pop who could also play the part of resistance, but could only be detected when they pulled a weapon and were caught in the act.

There were a series of games based in a war torn middle east area with civ pop who would mill around and populated a market. In some cases they even traded items with both the military personnel and masked the presence of insurgents. No idea who it was doing it though. But I think it was at some Fibua place.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.