Noobs and Milsims

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The Filmsim organisation who run Gunman and Okto Eight provided civ-pop for one of the hardcore milsim companies and the setting was Afghan. The civ-pop ran a coffee shop with civilians, but the players were a bit hyped and killed them all. I think the same milsim people tried a game with real Afghan civ-pop but it was chaos as they started to get bored and wouldnt do as they were told.I seem to recall they all went off and started a game of football.

Flying Lead is also played at Eversley.

If you are after something a bit different and more on the LARP end of the spectrum, Gunman do a running series called flying lead, its wild west themed, not much shooting its way over on the role play side but looks like a giggle. Although I'm not sure I could pull it off. They also have did a WWII game based loosely on allo'allo with French civ pop who could also play the part of resistance, but could only be detected when they pulled a weapon and were caught in the act.

There were a series of games based in a war torn middle east area with civ pop who would mill around and populated a market. In some cases they even traded items with both the military personnel and masked the presence of insurgents. No idea who it was doing it though. But I think it was at some Fibua place.

This guy was a noob to milsim and came to our first game Operation Skylight.

Im sure he wouldnt mind us describing the fact that he is somewhat of a mature player.

Unfortunately he hurt his back on thr first game so his review was a bit salt and peppered because he only saw the first days action.

Undeterred he came back and played our April game, his second ever milsim and this is his review,

We didnt have to pay him either.

http://thesecretairsofter.com/2015/08/09/return-to-moldistan/

Not everything in milsimland costs lots of money. These little contraptions are called Dominators and only cost a few Pounds.

They can be adjusted to secure webbing ends or provide hooks off Molle or lots of other little uses and they are so much more tactical and durable than elastic bands.

We could have a competition to see the diversity of uses in milsim and airsofting.

11902411_512949902188735_116610988360749

• Supporters

Not to tread on Okto's toes, but to add something to the current discussion. I actually did a bit of reading on the site of a company that organises 'milsim' games for the first time yesterday, noticed they have quite a lot of slots open for the roleplaying side of things at their next event.

http://war-zone.co.uk/live-role-play-booking-form/4589032664

Not at all. Its a noobs and milsims topic, not an Okto advert. We just post occasionally to keep the soil turned.

Not to tread on Okto's toes, but to add something to the current discussion. I actually did a bit of reading on the site of a company that organises 'milsim' games for the first time yesterday, noticed they have quite a lot of slots open for the roleplaying side of things at their next event.

Looks quite an interesting event...

I am actually off work that weekend... wonder if they would accept me as a medic... ;)

Why not ? they have Field Medic on there as a roleplaying role £40

Looks quite an interesting event...

I am actually off work that weekend... wonder if they would accept me as a medic... ;)

Amongst the actual 'players' there's section medic amongst the different roles to choose from as well.

Section Medic: it is a role that is given to the smallest, most agile member of the section.

Hmmm... Being 6'2" and over 16 stone probably rules me out of being 'small and agile'...

I actually like the idea of LRPing though as opposed to actual airsofting.

Might volunteer to do the role of Doctor though... I have plenty of 'props' I can use... :D

If you are into LARP'ing, its worth volunteering for the GUNMAN CREW who attend a lot of milsims (not just their own).

Free to attend and you get lots of bacon sandwiches, but don't expect any trigger time.

Its absolutely nothing to do with airsoft and is probably closer to amateur dramatics in a warzone environment.

This goes wrong when airsofters sign up as they normally feel disappointed when they have to follow a role brief and can't get involved in the fight.

Not everyones cup of tea, but different strokes and all that.

my airsoft site is entirely based on WW2 although there are no restrictions on weapons or loadout for normal game days (apart from the fps limits) but milsims are strictly WW2 loadouts as far as i know. they will accept modern weapons but single shot only and i think they limit the amount of ammo taken for the day. i assume that with so many ex squaddies playing, the ammo limit is largely ignored with inventive ways of hiding extra somewhere. i know from experience that the SA80 will happily hide 6 cigarettes inside it :D

The thing is that a lot of these games are based on trust. If the ammo limit is 600 rounds, then people are trusted to carry that.

If they want to cheat and carry more, nobody is going to search them, but they are only really cheating themselves and they probably dont have the right esprit de corps in the first place.

Why didnt you stop her then ? lol

Its not ladies with cabbages you have to worry about, its the men in green with pointy fingers. You're lucky the great unwashed never managed to get their hands on the two pistols we later found stashed in the village !

I said the innocent looking lady would start it lol

Why didnt you stop her then ? lol

Its not ladies with cabbages you have to worry about, its the men in green with pointy fingers. You're lucky the great unwashed never managed to get their hands on the two pistols we later found stashed in the village !

She was searched lol. The cabbages were just not seen as a threat at the time :) oooh did not know about the pistols. The IED was discovered at least though.

While there are a lot of milsimmers who like the long continuous games of 24 - 48 or even 72 hours sometimes, we accept that not everybody wants a game that long or intense. That is why we offer two continuous 8 hour games with a decent nights sleep in between.

Theres nothing wrong with either; its just customer choice.

The eight hours is where the Okto name comes from.

Our new Technical with a .50 cal AEG

11800316_1044507718906895_84297684202263

SOLD!

Well, attending your Mil-Sim games anyway. I suspect that if I drove this on the road I MAY get pulled over...

We did pass two rather posh young ladies on horseback who are well used to us.

They didn't seem at all surprised to see a black Technical with a .50 cal on the roof, a Russian general in the back seat and a shotgun toting bodyguard and driver up front.

We gave them plenty of room and drove slow and low. We got a cheery wave, which we returned.

One was heard to say to the other "Oh look Clarissa, its men with toy guns !!" - thats Hampshire for you.

Its not automatically at every game. Okto have a lot of toys and they bring different ones out of the toy box at each game. This was at the milsim at the weekend. I was on the wrong end of it a couple of times. You just dig in, face down in the dirt and you hear the BBs scything through the ferns above you. It has PKM innards built into a replica steel 50 that needs two men to lift it down.

SOLD!

Well, attending your Mil-Sim games anyway. I suspect that if I drove this on the road I MAY get pulled over...

Its not automatically at every game. Okto have a lot of toys and they bring different ones out of the toy box at each game. This was at the milsim at the weekend. I was on the wrong end of it a couple of times. You just dig in, face down in the dirt and you hear the BBs scything through the ferns above you. It has PKM innards built into a replica steel 50 that needs two men to lift it down.

I do not know how we managed to escaped from it when it had us pinned down as the MPF were pushing up on the station. I got caught short by it on the Saturday and chose too surrender rather then eventually get mowed to death. However the rebels have not heard of the Geneva Convention :(

Ben was that you behind me when I double tapped that rebel with my Beretta ?

It was lol. I legged it about 30 seconds after you got away and dived for the first decent looking bush. You got a pretty good kill there.

Haha. I fired 20 rounds with just a pistol all afternoon. The Cat and Mouse is much more fun than the full auto.

On my first jaunt out I was unarmed and we got in a firefight with rebels and a PMC lent me his pistol so we shot ourselves out. I ended with a round to the arm.

Second time around I went back with my own Beretta and leg rig.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.